Programs with inno installer refuse to install

sukistackhouse

>> Works for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/7/Vista/XP 32-bit and 64-bit

Should say "XP (sp3)".

> it won't work - at least here - on XP (Major/Minor are 5.1 just fine) throwing an error on missing entry point "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" in KERNEL32.DLL

Should say "on XP (sp2)".

54 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

it won't work - at least here - on XP (Major/Minor are 5.1 just fine) throwing an error on missing entry point "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" in KERNEL32.DLL

... However MS states that the offending function ("GetLogicalProcessorInformation") IS supported under Windows XP SP3:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/sysinfoapi/nf-sysinfoapi-getlogicalprocessorinformation#requirements

Minimum supported client: Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP with SP3 [desktop apps | UWP apps]

EDIT: @jaclaz : I was notified of your newer post just when I was about to submit this ;) ; submitting regardless, hope you don't mind...
EDIT2: It seems the app is compiled using QT Framework 5.6.2; 5.6 is the last version to be XP+Vista compatible, so it appears they knowingly made the effort to keep compatibility with those "legacy" OSes :thumbup (the same is true for SMPlayer, a GUI for mplayer/mpv - but I think the dev there had different reasons for sticking to QT5.6 ...) ...

Edited by VistaLover