Automatic user agent spoofing in Firefox 51

Sfor

12 hours ago, Sfor said:

Well, I did a quick test of the Serpent (Basilisk) and New Moon (Pale Moon). The first problem is lack of Polish language support. I suppose I can use them by myself, but my family and clients would have a lot of problems with them.

There are language packs for NM/PM 28 as noted in the previous post. Unfortunately there are apparently no official language packs for Serpent/Basilisk.

Edited by Mathwiz

On 10/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, Dave-H said:

I suspect that @Sfor's main problem is that his Primetime Content Decryption Module isn't working as it should be on Firefox 52 ESR.
The sites which have a problem are I suspect ones which use HTML5 video and no longer have a working Flash fallback system, so they are just throwing up errors when HTML5 fails.
:)

After moving the profile from 51 to 52 ESR two settings were missing:

media.gmp-eme-adobe.enabled = true

media.gmp-eme-adobe.visible = true

After adding these two everything seems to be working, for now.

5 hours ago, Sfor said:

Well. I did test it again, and the result is still the same: "Polish (PL) Language Pack could not be installed because it is not compatible with New Moon 28.8.0a1"

Don't give up so easily; the problem is simply that @roytam1's version numbers have gotten ahead of what the language packs support. At one time @VistaLover posted instructions for fixing a language pack to work with a newer version:

Or if that's too much, you could simply download @roytam1's last version 28.7 build of New Moon at https://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/2019/08/weekly-browser-binaries-20190817.html & install the language pack in that version. (You aren't required to always use the very latest NM version!)