RLoew (1952 - 2019) has passed away.

• 6 months later...

On 10/21/2020 at 11:04 PM, jasongeo2 said:

Thank you for the kind words about my father. Rudy has two sons. Jason loew is his blood son and we have the same mothers and I am Tony Sotomayor. Rudy was my step dad. I miss him so much.And Im glad to see how he impressed his fellow programmers on this thread and how much they respect his work. I knew as a child Rudy was very intelligent and a gifted programmer. If anyone would like to download a picture of Rudy when he was in his last year in College at University of Oklahoma 1970(Sooner 1970). I have a pic of him that was taken of him at the Engineers Club Engineers week party pic. Maybe someone can put it on this thread or something? He was young fresh leaving college and healthy. Picture is how I like to remember him. You can email me direct for that pic or anything else you want to know about my dad at jasongeo2@aol.com

122199352_1030685464079016_7778403429774316354_n.jpg

Welcome and condolences. My dear father also left us in 2019 and I have many of his cherished items. I always remember when he came to visit me 2 times a month and we'd talk for hours and with my back turned, I can almost envision him sitting behind me in my red stool that use used to love to sit in and i miss him dearly and always in my heart.

• 9 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 4:15 PM, LoneCrusader said:

I've been mostly offline for a couple of weeks and I return to find this. There aren't even words to describe the shock. I was just thinking that I haven't spoken with him in a couple of months and I should see how he's doing... and now I'll never be able to do that again.

I was probably closer to him than anyone else here. I considered him one of my best friends. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to meet him personally (although if I'd ever had occasion to go to New York we hoped to do so), but I've spoken with him on the phone and we have exchanged hundreds of emails over the years. He was always helpful and knowledgeable and never failed to help me with whatever issue I asked him about, from the small and insignificant to the overwhelming. I can't count the hours he probably spent helping me; fixing bugs, developing drivers, explaining arcane subjects so that I could understand them enough to help him... I always hoped that real life would eventually afford me the time to spend learning about programming and reverse engineering and that I would have his wisdom there to guide me along the way.. and now it's lost... Oh God this doesn't do things justice but I'm at a loss for any more words right now.

Rudy, you will be missed.

If you ever say "Oh God or my God"  around Rudy he always had a sense of humor and respond "YES". Always made me smile when pulls that line. Im his step son Tony and there is not a day goes by I dont think about him in someway or thought. Im 51 and I knew Rudy since a child at around 7 or 8. Rudy's grave is in Greenfield Cemetery in Uniondale NY. Thank you for your kind words and your concern about my dad I never realized he had many friends in this community, and now I understand who he might have been on the phone with when I catch him on the phone speaking throughout the years or hear the telephone ringing. Must have been one of you guys here.

1 hour ago, jasongeo2 said:

If you ever say "Oh God or my God"  around Rudy he always had a sense of humor and respond "YES". Always made me smile when pulls that line. Im his step son Tony and there is not a day goes by I dont think about him in someway or thought. Im 51 and I knew Rudy since a child at around 7 or 8. Rudy's grave is in Greenfield Cemetery in Uniondale NY. Thank you for your kind words and your concern about my dad I never realized he had many friends in this community, and now I understand who he might have been on the phone with when I catch him on the phone speaking throughout the years or hear the telephone ringing. Must have been one of you guys here.

Thanks for sharing that story, Tony! We still miss him daily around here as well. Hopefully he's in a better place and still suffering from the desire to know more!