Does a Windows XP x64 Unofficial Service Pack 3 Exist?

Ah, of course! I had forgotten about this!

Thank you very much! I'm integrating it now, and hopefully that May 2019 update too.

Is there an easy way to integrate the .Net Frameworks? A brief search turned up little.

c

No luck on an integrable add-on, or even an all-in-one package that can be run after OS install.  That leaves the old-fashioned way, at least until the update servers are shut down.  Might be a good time to note the required updates per MU and download them manually while they are still available.

Indeed.

With 5eraph's update packs (and KB4500331) integrated, it should be fairly trivial to figure out all the .Net updates, as they should be the only ones offered (unless I also install WMP11).

c

• 2 years later...

OK, so now it's 2021.  A plague has threatened to destroy life as we know it, and Microsoft has shut down the WU update servers for XP and XP x64, so, yay?

Now that the "old-fashioned" way of installing updates no longer works, it seems to me that an unofficial service pack has become more important.

That being said, has anyone decided to make one since my last post in this thread in 2019?  If not, maybe it's about time someone did!  I would, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Anyway, I'm dragging this thread out of the depths because I'd like to install XP x64 on a spare Dell, and I don't much enjoy the prospect of installing 200+ updates one by one....

I'd just install 7 (whose WU client, for the time being, still works) and move on, but I have a need for XP x64 specifically, so I can't really avoid this issue.

c

• 4 months later...

OK, forgot to update here that I managed to succeed!

I followed the instructions at the RyanVM forums, added the latest 2019 post-EOS updates, and slipstreamed most of the whole thing into an OEM Dell XP x64 CD, and it works!  (a handful of .NET and WMP updates wouldn't slipstream (nor would WMP11 itself), so I had to install those by hand after installing, which was mildly annoying, but far better than what would've been had I not made the updated installer, since it was maybe like 12 or 15 updates instead of 200+).

Most importantly, I was able to preserve the OEM activation, so it behaves just as the untouched CD would, which is good because activating an OEM copy for which I don't have a product key is a pain.

Recently, I did break down and install 7 on the same computer, so now I have both.  It turns out that 7 actually does what I want better, if only by virtue of the fact that it can support newer, bug-fixed versions of the programs I wanted to use.  After applying all the updates, it was almost uselessly slow until I disabled the Spectre and Meltdown patches (not best security practice, I know), but now it's only a little slow, particularly at starting up and launching programs; I attribute that mostly to the fact that it's installed on a spinning hard disk, though, so I can live with it (SSDs are so much faster!)

I had XP x64 working very smoothly, but I wanted to use some hardware that only supports 7 and up, so, here I am.

I still do think that, someday, someone somewhere should create a nicely-packaged unofficial SP 3, so that perhaps one can update a live installation, rather than slipstreaming the updates into a new installer CD (a somewhat tedious and error-prone task for the inexperienced), but absent that, this will suffice.

c