My website

XtremeMaC

Hi there

for some reason my web page has been removed

i get permission denied from it. I can't even access it.

I don't know the reason for this. i'll try to find it out soon.

this school's internet and everything depended on it doesn't like me at all.

I'm not particularly sure if i can ever get it back.

so i'm so sorry for those who wanted to download stuff from there

hopefully someone will make a mirror or something for the files that i hosted

dx9 opk.

wmp9 + mm2 opk

**** msi

winamp msi

some minor programs..

:D:rolleyes::)

This issue was referred to our office this week when there was a denial of service attack against the www.personal.psu.edu server due to several thousand connections to your site from the same external IP address

now who the hell dos'd my web page huh? If i ever find out who that person is I'll seriously terminate him/her/them!

okay how can this be? even if someone has a virus or something why would it point to my webpage? what the heck's going on?

edit: now when i first started to host MS related files i was totally sure that they were legal to host since i don't change anything in them and they're avaliable to everyone who goes to oem.microsoft.com.

I don't understand!! is it bc of winamp? **** nfo viewer?

apart from these why the ddos attack?

I mean what the? :)

Edited by XtremeMaC

No point tracing the IP, DoS attacks are pretty much anonymous as they are ping flood attacks from several thousand innocent PCs that have been exploited security-wise, and all controlled from one DDOS server.

Me and xper are working on hosting the DX9 OPK and WMP9MM2 Bundle on the MSFN server at the moment.

what are your opinions on publishing copyrighted material on the website

have i done something illegal? would u guys be doing something illegal if u were to publish them along with winamp and ****?

cool its good to know that there is a better replacement than torrent :)

ok i admit this discussing should have taken place b4 hand but i didn't see any problem since they exist on every Microsoft Operating system. They're free and all

Edited by XtremeMaC

If it was illegal it would be reported. But Spheris says it isn't illegal to host the OPKs.

DDOS attacks are carried out by jealous people. MSFN was DDOS'ed today too, and we're not denying that.

i was wondering why i couldn't get to the site for awhile. lol.

I'm sure **** won't have many legal issues.

DO NOT PUT DIRECT LINKS TO THE FILE ON OTHER SITES!!!

Most of users will not be able to get the file if they attempt to download it from location other than this site

That's all they say on their site, and you wouldn't be direcly linking.

as for winamp.....only one way to find out :)

i was wondering why i couldn't get to the site for awhile. lol.

I'm sure **** won't have many legal issues.

DO NOT PUT DIRECT LINKS TO THE FILE ON OTHER SITES!!!

Most of users will not be able to get the file if they attempt to download it from location other than this site

That's all they say on their site, and you wouldn't be direcly linking.

as for winamp.....only one way to find out :)

Yeah me too, I kept getting a SQL server error. Now I know why.

@ Mac-- Have you gotten ahold of you lovely support personell? lol

they had emailed me saying the website's locked i replied them

i'm waiting for their response hopefully tomorrow.

i dunno whom to call they've given me bunch of numbers I don't want to explain the situation to every one of them. i hope emailing them works..

sql error hmm you should only get 403 forbidden error :) maybe u've some other problems? (hope not)

I've emailed nullsoft. aa i always take actions afterwards, I've to learn... okay i've learned...!

lovely support personel don't love me that much. I'm not cute I guess :D

come to think about it, do u guys really visit the website that much? i found it really funny if that's true there were 5 files there :rolleyes:

ow well its gone....

they've taken my internet, my web server, soon they'll kick me out of the school.... :cry:

If it was illegal it would be reported. But Spheris says it isn't illegal to host the OPKs.

DDOS attacks are carried out by jealous people. MSFN was DDOS'ed today too, and we're not denying that.

Off topic...

So that's why it wasn't loading! :)

they've taken my internet, my web server, soon they'll kick me out of the school....

Host files on MSFN server. There is no need to host those on personal site or even worse school server.

Speaking about DDOS, yeah investigation is underway. But as Aaron say finding real source of those attacks is almost impossible.

host them on MSFN server? are u refering to me cause i don't know how i can host them on msfn server?

ok i can understand why msfn is ddos'd (many jealous ppl and all) but can someone tell me why someone ddos my site? it simply doesn't make any sense.