Office 2007 Compatibility Pack Updates?

Dave-H

@Dave-H

Are you sure you have a real DOCX-file?

If you open the file with 7-zip you should see something like the first picture. This a DOC-file after converting to DOCX with FileFormatConverter (this time from my Windows 10 64-bit installation where I am using Office XP for now). All dates/ times of the files inside the folders are the same: 1980-01-01 00:00

1653171573_Fileformatconverter4.jpg.64e8255e0ceb874306caa7f05d379d45.jpg

Second picture is the original DOC-file.

861712363_Fileformatconverter5.jpg.4769ac04cc82ce9c05d6847f78c3fd16.jpg

Pretty sure all the files I've tried it with are genuine .docx files.
They are files that have generally been sent to me as e-mail attachments by people with later versions of Word.
I've tried many of them, and they all do the same thing.
The one I posted as an example I opened with 7-zip and if showed the same as your file except for the addition of a "customXml" folder.
I don't know if that is significant.
:dubbio:

I just tried myself. I have two versions of the 12.6500.5000 FileformatConverter.exe. The one with version nummer in properties won't install,  only the MSI works. The other version, without details in properties, installs directly.

Otherwise reinstall the MSI.

Well I tried that, and it didn't work, whatever KernelEx mode I used on FileFormatConverters.exe it either said it needed a later OS, or it failed, just putting up a "The installation of this package failed" message, with no clue as to why it had failed, and I couldn't find any logs saying why either.
I then tried extracting the files from FileFormatConverters.exe with Universal Extractor, and what's in there is actually the same files I've been using for my installs, an msi file and a cab file!
It may be that the msi file I've been using has been hacked to get around the OS version check, but the files do seem to be exactly the same size.
So, still a bit of a mystery why the explorer conversion routine isn't doing quite what it should do.
It does actually work, I've successfully converted a doc file to a docx file with it, it just won't offer conversion in the opposite direction!
:)

Our posts crossed!
:lol:
Yes, from what you say it looks as if the msi/cab combination does install without modification, even though the packaged file doesn't, which is strange but good of course.

I have made some log-files you can use if you like. The Filemon-log lists the files opened by MOC.EXE, the Regmon-log lists the registry-keys and the Dependency Walker-log lists API's and all files with version numbers.

Filemon FileFormatConverter SaveAs DOC.LOGRegmon FileFormatConverter SaveAs DOC.LOGDW MOC -f [Path]Test2.docx.dwi.dwi

Just as a probably off-topic aside, does your Office Assistant work?
If I try to invoke it, I just get this -

20190621_161243.thumb.jpg.3efa2e8b4fec1015ea6ee854d6919805.jpg

I don't think it's ever worked since I installed Office XP on Windows 98.
I can't actually remember if it worked when it was installed on Windows XP, I assume yes.
It was installed as part of the Office XP installation on Windows 98.
:dubbio:

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

Yes, that's the guy!
:lol:
I'll need to fire up my netbook tomorrow, which also has Office XP and Compatibility Pack installed on Windows XP and Windows 8.1, to see if it's working there.

EDIT: Yes, now checked and the Office Assistant does work fine on the Office XP installation on Windows XP on my netbook. Not on the Windows 98 installation though.

Edited by Dave-H
Addition