Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

yash.chauhan

Feature request for aero glass

I think this should not be difficult for you to implement this. 

What i am requesting is same acrylic blur effect which we see in uwp apps, with same behaviour. I read somewhere that fluent design can now also be applied on win32 apps, developers just have to implement them. All you have to do is just call the fluent design just like uwp app does and apply it on the dwm area. (I know it is not that easy as i type)

What current aeroglass gives is the blur which was present in windows 7. Although @bigmuscle says that acrylic noise effect is overlayed on blur in recent version, i dont see any difference from previous and current blur effects. I am asking for the same behaviour like in uwp apps.

Its a shame microsoft isn't doing this even though it can.

21 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

To have acrylic effect, you must configure it on your own: http://glass8.eu/out/changelogRS2.txt

Acrylic effect is nothing more then blurred background + transparent color over it + transparent noise texture over it.

So what would you do to disable it, setting MaterialOpacity to 0?

Yes. If you use installer, it provides you an option to select which mode to use. If you install manually, then Accent mode is used by default (with opacity = 4).

• Upvote 1