Broken mouse scroll on Steam?

Tamris

Anyone else with Steam installed on their Vista machine has this issue or is it just me? I've installed Steam again a couple days ago because I wanted to play some of my games I bought specifically for this old laptop of mine, but noticed that mouse scroll seems to not work at all, at least in the browser part of Steam, i.e. when you browse the Steam Store or your profile, but seems to work whenever I click the library tab and want to browse the list of games I have bought. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or should I report it to Valve, hoping that they will fix it though it's kinda doubtful since Vista (and XP) got about a month of support left? I've only tried reinstalling the Steam client, but sadly it didn't help. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, So I've received an answer from Steam support saying they apparently are aware of this issue and are working on a fix (which I feel like we, or rather, I won't get it before XP & Vista are thrown away), in the meantime telling me:

In the meantime, you can disable DPI scaling in the Steam Client, which should fix the issue you're currently experiencing.

To disable DPI scaling in the Steam Client, click on "Steam" in the top-left > Settings > Interface > uncheck "Scale text and icons to match monitor settings". This option will restart Steam, but when you log back in, the issue should be resolved for now.

But.. I seem to not have this option at all? Is it anyone else that does not have this option or again it's only me? :realmad:

...even though I clearly have mentioned I'm on Vista. Welp, I guess all I can do now is wait till they miraculously fix it, or till they end support for XP and Vista first. And I guess this topic can be closed, since I doubt there's anything else left to say in this regard.

Edited by Tamris

Don't have such an option, only can change between 96 and 120 dpi and in advanced settings can set a zoom level and if Windows should use dpi scaling like in XP (or smth like that), tried changing all of these, one by one, but it didn't help. :(