How to add instructions and ordinals to a dll

WinFX

Thanks to blackwingcat and tomasz86 we can run Firefox 13-52, Chrome 0-49, Office 2007, GTA IV and many programs that work in XP but not in 2000, thanks to this, the system seems much less obsolete than it is.

But I realized that the extended kernel v2.9b does not work Chrome 51+, Firefox 53+, Office 2010+ and programs that require Vista / 7 in this system due to the lack of instructions and ordinals in the system dll . I want to run simply Chrome 70 and the game Cuphead.

Who knows how to add instructions and ordinals, especially blackwingcat and tomasz86 as they do to add instructions and ordinals to the DLLs, they explain to me how they do it.

15 minutes ago, GianLuca18092004 said:

What is that tool, what is it called? I have Dependency Walker but only to see what instructions and/or dll are missing

You can find it in his site (see his profile). But it is not free...

EDIT: By the way, I recommend you to wait because Blackwingcat always updates his kernelex.For example firefox 53+ doesn't work even with windows XP. If you want an up to date browser for windows 2000, you can use basilisk,k-meleon or palemoon. They work with Blackwingcat's kernelex. Roytam releases the binaries every week ;)

Edited by slayer1994

19 minutes ago, GianLuca18092004 said:

Yes but what is it called? I do not know the name, since it's not free, it's a trial version?

Dllhook if I don't mistake and  no, there isn't a trial version as far as I know..

Edited by slayer1994

No. DLLHOOK is an User API redirector similar to KernelEx. It only works for Windows 9x.
My WDMEX is the Kernel Mode equivalent.

The tool the OP needs is called MODEXP. It allows you to modify the Export Table of a DLL and add space for new code. I have not put it on my Website so far. Dibya uses it to build his Extended Kernel.

Their are two version of extended kernel for XP

R Series : forwarded to kernelcore.dll . Modexp by rloew is used in this version.

M Series : It uses Pemaker by Blackwingcat and embedded all code inside DLL itself.

• 1 month later...

You could of course do it manually by checking the PE file documentation to know where to alter pointers to make room for new code; but that may be tedious although free. This is to say: let's be happy there are guys like Rloew who contribute with solutions here. This is his income, like the rest of us have income from other jobs - so we are not free either, just charging elsewhere :)

• 1 month later...