USB does not work in Windows 2000 SP4

WinFX

I burned Windows 2000 SP4 on CD and the USB keyboard had the BNum turned on but it did not work after loading the installation, when choosing the partition the USB keyboard did not work. I had tried to install Windows NT4 on the same computer but the usb keyboard worked.

It is strange:dubbio: since the SP4 supports USB 2.0 and the ISO has all the updates of HFSLIP2000 of tomasz86, should it be that the original drivers are not compatible with my computer?

The socket of my processor is LGA1155 and I need if or if an unofficial update or a driver that solves the problem since I can not use PS / 2 Keyboard since my Motherboard have PS / 2 ports but are damaged.

Please if you know something answer as there is a solution but I do not know what it is, because on the internet I read of PCs in the forums that tried to install successfully Windows 2000 in even more powerful hardware than I have!

Edited by GianLuca18092004
Error 404

Enter BIOS. Go to Advanced Mode, Advanced Menu > USB Configuration and set Legacy USB Support Enabled and EHCI Hand-off Enabled.
Use a true USB KBD, not a PS/2 with a passive adapter. Use a true USB mouse, not a PS/2 with a passive adapter. Use the ports beside the LAN port, not the lne ones. Good luck!

1 hour ago, dencorso said:

... and EHCI Hand-off Enabled.
Use a true USB KBD, not a PS/2 with a passive adapter. Use a true USB mouse, not a PS/2 with a passive adapter. Use the ports beside the LAN port, not the lne ones

What about the rest of my post?

Install VirtualBox on your Win 10 x64. Install 2k in a virtual FAT32 partition. Image that partition. Use gparted live CD to create a partition matching the one in the VM on the Asus P8H61-M LX3 r2.0 and deploy the image to it. Try to boot it. If it works, great. If not, deploy the image again, and use a remote registry editor (I like offlinereg) to delete the HKLM/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Enum Key. Try to boot it. In case even that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas. Please don't ask me to give you a detailed, step-by-step, guide of how to do what I've outlined in this post. The only painless solution to your case that I know of is to replace the motherboard. If that's not an option, you may try what I suggested above. It may involve lots of trial-and-error attempts to get it to work. Life is like that, though. Do make sound backups before risking anything really valuable with resizing partitions and the like. Good luck!

I would rather try with a "plain" CD with SP4 only:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177837-the-usb-does-not-work-in-windows-2000-intel-3rd-gen/

https://msfn.org/board/topic/156521-unofficial-sp-52-for-microsoft-windows-2000-wip/?page=28&tab=comments#comment-1033054

before anything else (it may work or it may not, but before changing the motherboard ...).

It would also be interesting to know (if possible) which kind of damage the PS/2 ports on that motherboard have, 

Very often it happens (happened) that a small fuse on the keyboard bus blows up (it depends on the motherboard, some are traditional fuses some are auto-rearming ones) or that a cold solder on the connector got loose.

Replacing the fuse or re-soldering the connector are the kind of "electronics repairs" that can be performed even without much experience.

jaclaz

9 hours ago, dencorso said:

Install VirtualBox on your Win 10 x64. Install 2k in a virtual FAT32 partition. Image that partition. Use gparted live CD to create a partition matching the one in the VM on the Asus P8H61-M LX3 r2.0 and deploy the image to it. Try to boot it. If it works, great. If not, deploy the image again, and use a remote registry editor to delete the HKLM/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Enum Key. Try to boot it. In case even that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas. Please don't ask me to give you a detailed, step-by-step, guide of how to do what I've outlined in this post. The only painless solution to your case that I know of is to replace the motherboard. If that's not an option, you may try what I suggested above. It may involve lots of trial-and-error attempts to get it to work. Life is like that, though. Do make sound backups before risking anything really valuable with resizing partitions and the like. Good luck!

I do not understand "Use gparted live CD to create a partition matching the one in the VM on the Asus P8H61-M LX3 r2.0 and deploy the image to it.", I do not know how to do deploy I only see options to create, resize and eliminate partitions.:crazy:

gparted serves just to create/resize/remove a partition. To deploy an image you need an imaging program. One possibility is to create a WIM, then deploy it. Another one is to convert a copy of the virtual disk (A .VDI or a .VHD file) into a raw image and deploy it with say clonezilla, or WinHex (not free, but possible to use in trial mode for this, IIRR), or the Win32 Disk Imager, or Partition-Saving.