Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

jim2029

Newer motherboards that support WinXP

On 7/2/2019 at 12:36 AM, sukistackhouse said:

can I compress the file with

@echo off
makecab.exe /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 C:\1\WXP\acpi\acpi.sys acpi.sy_
pause

in overwrite it later?

Yes, this is the correct compression used by MS

On 8/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, Dietmar said:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa all USB3 on XP SP3 on Intel chipset on full ACPI Multiprocessor

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

you may link to the post providing binaries: https://www.win-raid.com/t4035f45-Windows-XP-SP-bit-and-modern-PC-parts-148.html#msg87125

Dell Inspiron N5050 works perfectly fine, but card reader does not work :(

However i dont rememver what board it uses.

acpi_inf_for_Longhorn5048_x86.zip

The long awaited driver. But still not perfect. For desktop users probably solves the USB3-related problems, but notebooks (e.g. DELL M4800) may use a switching mechanism. If compatible OS detected, some or all ports are switched to USB3, else USB2 (and USB3 mode can not be forced in BIOS) - this is not too reliable, sometimes requires more restarts. So in case of my M4800 if I switch back from Win7, 1st time the ports are in USB3 mode (and works correctly), but 2nd time, these ports are switched back to USB2 mode. By this driver the problem with disfunctional ports after 1st restart to WinXP was solved.

The other (minor) problem, that ACPI.SYS from Longhorn build 5048 is required to install the USB3 driver. But this ACPI version have some missing features for notebook users accessible via function keys: changing the monitor brightness, switching between built-in and external monitors. And Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller driver (ACPI\PNP0C09) remains incorrectly installed - but it is not more needed/supported by the new ACPI.SYS. I made a modded INF for this ACPI.SYS, but installing on a live system may be problematic - without removing all references to ACPIEC from registry manually prior reinstalling the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller" the reinstallation was incorrect.