Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dennnn said:

I try 32bit noSSE palemoon on Athlon XP /Windows 7. It is so slow, no, it is very very very slow. I can wait for 1 minute before this board has been loaded, and i'm unable to scroll it, it freezes.

basilisk/moebius not start at all.

Can you make 26.5.0 build with no-sse and Lav codecs support ? Current 26 work ok, but there is no lav codec support out of the box, so no way to browse youtube.

Won't you think 7 is too new for that pc .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not ? Palemoon 26 work fast, 720/30p video on 1080p monitor is smooth on CPU only via lav codecs/MPC.

I have 2gb of Ram, 1gb always free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dennnn said:

Why not ? Palemoon 26 work fast, 720/30p video on 1080p monitor is smooth on CPU only via lav codecs/MPC.

I have 2gb of Ram, 1gb always free.

Why not trying K-Meleon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any version with LAV codecs ?

Why 27 so slow, compared to 26 ? More than 20-100x slower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dennnn said:

Is there any version with LAV codecs ?

Why 27 so slow, compared to 26 ? More than 20-100x slower.

because 26 is Gecko24 based while 27 is Gecko38 based.

for LAV dlls, please see FAQ.

Edited by roytam1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May be you can add Lav to 26 ? It is more actual for old machines that 27.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 11:11 PM, Dennnn said:

May be you can add Lav to 26 ? It is more actual for old machines that 27.

not possible. Goanna2(i.e. Gecko24) has no infrastructure to ffmpeg libraries.

EDIT: It could be possible, just very hard. MSE, fmp4 and libstagefright has to be backported to get it working, but infrastructure has big differences.

Edited by roytam1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dennnn said:

So there is no K-Meleon with LAV codecs ?

You can use my build of K-Meleon with LAV codecs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try your build of K-Meleon, it is slow as hell too, like palemoon 27. Single page rendered 5 minits and can't scroll at all.

p.s. I remember how fast was browsing in 2008 on this setup win W7 and first version of chrome and firefox 3.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dennnn said:

I try your build of K-Meleon, it is slow as hell too, like palemoon 27. Single page rendered 5 minits and can't scroll at all.

p.s. I remember how fast was browsing in 2008 on this setup win W7 and first version of chrome and firefox 3.5.

maybe you have bad connection and/or bad video drivers?

just tried KM76-Goanna on IDT WinChip 240MHz with Win2000, it renders a page within 1minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dxdiag say all ok, windows 7 graphic index more than 3.5 (cpu 2.9). 720/30p in MPC very smooth. 100mbit/s.

May be I can make some debug ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

Happy holidays to everyone.

 

I´m giving a try to New Moon,  roytam1´s build, and have run into a problem I hope you can help me with.

I installed the portable version with the loader, which works fine, but when I set it as default browser with

a little proggie which works fine with all browsers tested so far, this one doesn´t work because it uses

the loader. If I select the exe to be the default browser, it works, but the profile folder is created in

Windows system folders, so it´s not portable anymore, and I don´t want this, I want the portable

version with the profile folder in the program´s main folder. So, what can I do to set this portable

browser as the default one?

 

Another question... being this a build on the original New Moon by Feodor2, what´s  the difference

with the original, what does this one improve over the original?

 

I´ve tried this one because it has this support forum, whereas New Moon doesn´t have one, as far

as I know...

 

Thanks.

 

Regards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, curiosil said:

I´m giving a try to New Moon,  roytam1´s build, and have run into a problem I hope you can help me with.

I installed the portable version with the loader, which works fine, but when I set it as default browser with

a little proggie which works fine with all browsers tested so far, this one doesn´t work because it uses

the loader. If I select the exe to be the default browser, it works, but the profile folder is created in

Windows system folders, so it´s not portable anymore, and I don´t want this, I want the portable

version with the profile folder in the program´s main folder. So, what can I do to set this portable

browser as the default one?

Hi, yep, that's a problem with portable mozillas. Please take a look at this question http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1146299 and author's response to it http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1146328

Looks like he was not overly happy with this task and, frankly, I don't blame him. :)

So, other workarounds/options could be:

1) Start browser in portable mode beforehand, and then every time you try opening a link with same default browser you will get a new tab in that browser, unless it is started with "-no-remote" option.

2) Use that "proggie" of yours to configure the default browser to be started always with appropriate "-profile" option, or you may need to fiddle with the registry manually to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Flame. said:

 

2) Use that "proggie" of yours to configure the default browser to be started always with appropriate "-profile" option, or you may need to fiddle with the registry manually to do that.

 

Hi,

 

Thanks for your reply. And how would I do these 2 things, adding the argument and tweaking the

registry?

 

While waiting for an answer to my post, I´ve installed and tested the original New Moon browser,

and this one works fine when as portable set as default browser, it opens the links within my

e-mails, but if I try to open a second link it gives an error "Pale Moon is already running, but is

not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Pale Moon process, or

restart your system." d***... how can I fix this problem so New Moon can run multiple

instances? I´ve tried the Linux version and it works fine, multiple instances can be opened.

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...