Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
egrabrych

"Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" blocks the "Review your update history" option on the Microsoft Update webpage?

Whenever I have the program "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" open and active, I can't use the "Review your update history" option on the properly functioning Microsoft Update webpage. Trying to use this option results in the appearance of the message: [Error number: 0x800A138F], while in the "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" log there appears the following message: "The VB scripting engine has been blocked from loading in the browser".
d61eB38.jpg

However, it's enough to click the button [Stop Protection] in "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free," and then the "Review your update history" option becomes usable again.
FVFHI5S.jpg

Hence, I have the following question for the fellow users of Windows XP SP3 who also use the program "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free": do you have the same problem too? I should mention that I informed Malwarebytes Support about the problem, and I will post here about the results of my intervention once I receive official response.

Edited by egrabrych

24 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

Does that software allow you to add exceptions?

Global exceptions - YES.

QeT0EiB.jpg

That's enough, but such a solution is not good.

Individual exceptions - not in the Free version.

my dear which version of IE , does you wish?

Using MBAE for quite a time... It has several problems and blocked my browsers (IE and FF) in different updates...

Always might list that on their support forum as a bug, but I guess X is their last priority...

OFC issue reproduces on my XP machine as well.

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

my dear which version of IE , does you wish?

Internet Explorer 8.

20 hours ago, egrabrych said:
 I should mention that I informed Malwarebytes Support about the problem, and I will post here about the results of my intervention once I receive official response.

I received a reply from Malwarebytes Support.

For the free version do the following:
Disable the VB Scripting enforcement under advanced settings → application hardening.

Other settings are included in the licensed version so this will not be added to the free version.

So are two choices:

QeT0EiB.jpg

or the use of the button [Stop Protection] before you use "Review your update history".