Canon Powershot SD880 driver?

Tommy

Hey all, so I got a pretty darn good deal down at my local Goodwill store. A Canon Powershot SD880 digital camera. It's really not too shabby at all, especially for $8 which included a nice little carrying case. However, Windows won't detect a driver for it. Now, I don't believe this camera is too new. I have a Panasonic camera that works just fine under Windows 2000 and shows up as a drive. Going to Canon's site, there is no driver at all for this camera, but Windows 2000 will not detect even a generic driver for this camera so I cannot access it this way. I can put the memory card in my other camera but that is a tad inconvenient if I don't have to do that. Any suggestions?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/968155.html

Does this article make your help ?

Perhaps you add DEV_ID to inf file  manually

Hey all, so I got a pretty darn good deal down at my local Goodwill store. A Canon Powershot SD880 digital camera. It's really not too shabby at all, especially for $8 which included a nice little carrying case. However, Windows won't detect a driver for it. Now, I don't believe this camera is too new. I have a Panasonic camera that works just fine under Windows 2000 and shows up as a drive. Going to Canon's site, there is no driver at all for this camera, but Windows 2000 will not detect even a generic driver for this camera so I cannot access it this way. I can put the memory card in my other camera but that is a tad inconvenient if I don't have to do that. Any suggestions?

Can you test the hub with anything else (preferably an XP computer, since the manual states support for XP SP2) just to confirm it’s functional?  It doesn’t surprise me that your Panasonic camera works easily, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Canon turned out to be not so easy, as Canon seems to want it that way, but I have little experience with cameras.

Potentially great deal, hope you can get it working.