Revert to Win 7

rgh43

I had read something early on that MS has made it so the Windows 10 upgrade would work on invalid licenses on purpose. It is not surprising, but a side effect is that people who go back from Windows 10 end up with their previous OS in Notification Mode. It seems there are a lot of incorrectly licensed systems out in the real world owned by people who have no idea about such things. So many shady companies selling computers with warez or even KMS licensed OS.

I went to a big computer sale that was being held in a community building thinking I was going to get good deals on older computers, however after seeing the Windows Genuine Advantage notices in a lot of the systems I decided that I wanted no parts in that. I was amazed they would even put systems out there that were screaming WE ARE INVALID!

On 3/11/2016 at 8:21 PM, Tripredacus said:

I had read something early on that MS has made it so the Windows 10 upgrade would work on invalid licenses on purpose. It is not surprising, but a side effect is that people who go back from Windows 10 end up with their previous OS in Notification Mode. It seems there are a lot of incorrectly licensed systems out in the real world owned by people who have no idea about such things. So many shady companies selling computers with warez or even KMS licensed OS.

here in india 90% instalation are pirated .

Caught one of my other PC's had started update to W10 although no one had requested it or at least on purpose. You know their trickery

Let it install and when it asked me to accept License I DENIED. It said it would try to uninstall and I said OK. Uninstalled and I set the reg settings to not do that again, hopefully.

That process of letting it install and declining the EULA is not a good idea. I see many people have problems where the install does not even work and even going back does something to damage their OS in a way where neither Windows 10 nor their previous version is workable.

Oh well it worked. That person my wife don't want 10 on it and we see how they trying to trick people into installing it. Was ok I had an acronis image made a couple weeks before so I could have reverted. Those still work even to put my OEM back to Dec where I updated 7 and went back to 10

If system on in last 30 Days = True then

Add it to known Windows 10 systems

else 

If system on in last 120 Days = True then

Continue to count anyway

end if

:-) Join us in the future upgrade to Windows 10 today! By agreeing to upgrade you give away your rights to personalize your machine and loss of your privacy.