hiddenpower

hi

I create custom winpe  with windows ADK. and define user , ip ,hostname,workgroup , and ... with code in startnet.cmd (modify registry (offline and during startup)and use some executable command line)

and i can be running web base application in server from winpe and ....

winpe default user is "system" how can i login with "administrator" instead of "system". in starup winpe "default user administrator"?

(if when i use >echo %username%  in command prompt then show administrator instead of system).

or how can i create administrator user profile folder in winpe and use it?

sorry my English is not correct.

I researched "winPE3" (first make it)and "win live boot" configurations so Current user name are "system".

1-I need start winpe with login of administrator user automatically. How ?

2-how can I make mini winpe only with "desktop"(with some shortcut of portable program)

and "start menu" with 2 program :"Internet explorer" and "windows explorer" ?

3-how to make a setup for install custom winpe in a pc ?

thanks

It sounds like you can use Make_PE3:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/143529-make-pe3-program-to-create-portable-windows-7-pe/

Although there are many other PE builders out there.

It is not legal to use WinPE as an OS and it shouldn't be installed on a PC. Microsoft makes other products to be used as thin clients, specifically in the Embedded line and the upcoming IoT products with Windows 10.

There is, however, in a WinBuilder (not really a PE at *all*) and is fully functional "Mini-OS".

http://winbuilder.net/

But you knew that, jaclaz.

BTW, thx, Trip for the reminder of that Topic.

I have NO idea of what you are talking about.

Winbuilder is a builder, it can build a PE or something else.

Something is EITHER a PE or it is not.

A PE has NO users, the only user is System in a PE, if you prefer, if *antything* has users, it is NOT a PE.

jaclaz

I guess not technically a "PE" anymore... the tools that add things to a stock PE make it a franken-os with a 3 day timer on it. The Make_PE3 I made (long ago) has both Administrator and Guest account. This I can only see from NET USER commands. Local Users and Groups snap-in does not work.

I guess not technically a "PE" anymore... the tools that add things to a stock PE make it a franken-os with a 3 day timer on it. The Make_PE3 I made (long ago) has both Administrator and Guest account. This I can only see from NET USER commands. Local Users and Groups snap-in does not work.

Ok. :)

Tell me HOW exactly you LOG IN as either Administrator or Guest in that *whatever* you built a long time ago.

Next. please, check in that *whatever* whether you have a user profile folder for "Administrator" and for "Guest".

(as these were the questions actually asked) :whistle:

hi

I create custom winpe  with windows ADK. and define user , ip ,hostname,workgroup , and ... with code in startnet.cmd (modify registry (offline and during startup)and use some executable command line)

and i can be running web base application in server from winpe and ....

winpe default user is "system" how can i login with "administrator" instead of "system". in starup winpe "default user administrator"?

(if when i use >echo %username%  in command prompt then show administrator instead of system).

or how can i create administrator user profile folder in winpe and use it?

jaclaz

I stand corrected. UserID is "System". :blushing:

The WinBuilder allows to add a UserID (but not logged on) to allow Incoming Shares. Ther's also a facility to allow logon on to a Network Share on other PC's.

Now, one may ask why would you want a User Profile within it (based on above)? :unsure:

I stand corrected. UserID is "System". :blushing:

No need to blush :no:, some of the PE projects around, just like the good ol' XPE or Reatogo, do attempt to provide an "as much windows as possible" experience, and it is easy to be mistaken.

The WinBuilder allows to add a UserID (but not logged on) to allow Incoming Shares. Ther's also a facility to allow logon on to a Network Share on other PC's.

Yep. :)

Now, one may ask why would you want a User Profile within it (based on above)? :unsure:

Are you hinting that we may be in xyz problem? ;):

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/put-down-the-chocolate-covered-banana.html

@hiddenpower

Seriously, please try to explain what is the final goal, if you really need something with Administrator and Guest user profiles that is "portable" there is a "parallel to Make_PE3" project that delivers an (almost) universal "full OS" (reduced) in a .vhd image that may be suitable.

jaclaz

Ok. :)

Tell me HOW exactly you LOG IN as either Administrator or Guest in that *whatever* you built a long time ago.

Next. please, check in that *whatever* whether you have a user profile folder for "Administrator" and for "Guest".

(as these were the questions actually asked) :whistle:

Yes there is a Users folder and it does show Administrator, Default and Public. When I open CMD, the prompt is:

X:\Users\Default>

So this PE logs in automatically as Default user, not Administrator. Administrator exists and is enabled, or at least NET USER says it is. The DefaultUsername shown in the registry for Autologon purposes is Administrator and the password is 1.

It may be possible to run applications under the context of other accounts. I tried to run a cmd.exe using RunAs and the Administrator account, but it doesn't see Runas as being a valid command.

Good. :)

Let me know when you will have succeeded to LOG IN as Administrator.

Check if - by any chance - you have the Whoami command available:

http://ss64.com/nt/whoami.html

I don't think it has any dependency :unsure: so you can simply ad the executable to the booting media and run it.

When and if it won't give you back “nt authority/system”, then you will have a point (and the *whatever* won't be a PE :whistle:).

jaclaz