Hideous!

Lheair

Microsoft is still confused. This is probably the ugliest Windows ever. Why? So it will be easier on the limited hardware of portable devices. So instead of giving back to desktop users a real looking OS, they insist on going down the path of something meant for and designed by eight year old kids who need to paw at their screens and type with their thumbs. Not only this thing is horribly flat but the few colors it has can't even decide what they are. No true colors, just some in-between washed out hideous mix. And the monstruous icons! Good grief. Has Microsoft even taken a look at what other operating systems look like? This is a giant leap backward.

Edited by Lheair

Microsoft is still confused. This is probably the ugliest Windows ever. Why? So it will be easier on the limited hardware of portable devices.

Uh, there's no evidence whatsoever that the UI takes fewer resources to run than its predecessors.

The degradation is all arbitrary.  Microsoft is trying to reset so that they can have another couple of decades of releases where they say "We've improved Windows!"

Right now we realize we've seen better.  In 5 or 10 years people will forget how good it was with Windows 7.  Us old guys will die off or become irrelevant.

-Noel

Right now we realize we've seen better.  In 5 or 10 years people will forget how good it was with Windows 7.  Us old guys will die off or become irrelevant.

-Noel

bitter truth

just tonight I was looking on startup and login process of win7 versus Vista and during few seconds I got thinking

while they are more so simmiliar, how win7 brought some freshness inside

but anything later is hideous, yet nobody can do shit about it

anything later is hideous, yet nobody can do s*** about it

Well, maybe (courtesy our own Big Muscle) we can do a little more than s*** about it.  :yes:   But not using Microsoft-only software.

EnhancedDesktop.png

-Noel

In 5 or 10 years people will forget how good it was with Windows 7.  Us old guys will die off or become irrelevant.

Maybe irrelevant to MS or other companies, but we are seeing that there is an XP (and soon to be 7 I bet) community developing in the same vein as the 9x community. So all is not lost. :)

Perhaps I should have said, "the majority of people".

Since Win 7 is much more complex than Win XP, it won't be as convenient / possible for folks to continue to run it.  Today's hardware will burn out after a time, and new hardware will become more and more likely NOT to have Win 7 drivers developed for it.

The conflict seems to boil down to a single small word.  Imagine being in the mind of Microsoft leadership thinking the thought:

"What can we do for a billion plus users?"

vs.

"What can we do to a billion plus users?"

-Noel

There is going to be a big niche for themes, etc., as we find with Linux.

NoelC's looks good  :yes: and thank you for mentioning your sources.

Edited by Lheair

that calculator looks like toilet paper... oh wait whole OS is like that :P

trash bin looks like win98 bin if i'm not mistaken :P --- is that progress ?

btw I don't share thought that either vista or 7 would die out, they will, but for wrong reasons,

below even winblows "10" is still NT 6 kernel, that is all that matters, if those morons left it at 6.3 or 6.4

there would be no problem at all, but they did this shamefuly change just to nuke out any previous OS users

its disgusting move by them if you ask me