Is the usenet really pushing daisies up?

dencorso

In July 31, 2008, Sascha Segan published an article in PC Mag entitled "R.I.P Usenet: 1980-2008".   :(

On the next day, John Biggs replied with "Reports of Usenet's Death Are Greatly Exaggerated", but fact is, time seems to have shown Segan was right, hasn't it?

So... I'd like to know what you all think about it, from the perspective of nowadays: how far do you think usenet has moved on into the fertilizer business? Or hasn't it, yet?  dubbio.gif

Last time I checked, surely more than a couple years ago, most of the content in the comp. groups was spam...

And there was scanty a relevant post in rec.pets.cats and alt.usage.english, my favorite groups out of the comp. hierarchy...

If any MSFN member still uses, even if just rarely, usenet news, please do tell us about it... I'm really curious about it.

Internet is dead period. I barely get a sap of what I would get back in 2008. Apparently the law itself has changed since 2004. I understand that usergroups, newsgroups, as well as other various TEXT systems like IRC was out their but the commoner public ( the r-tards who thinks that terrorists are the problem ) are dumbfounded on what and how things work, or even turn to these things.

It takes one of those "Homer Simpsons" ( like we all are before we knew what computers are ) to explore the usage of the computer and internet itself. At the same time some old woman, or dude-who-plays-for-other-team ( typical gay lawyer ), or some orphan is constantly attacking everything for the sake of political agenda.

Is Giganews a bigger thing then Wikileaks??? Is that is how things was moved. That is the bottom line information. With the anti-privacy laws since 2001 the internet is no longer something private. Especially when more then 99% of people are using wireless phones that are more powerful then an 1995 desktop.

That is my opinion. I am sorry if I am not high on life. Getting high on life became illegal back in 2004 when my home became the imaginary USSR of the early 1990's.

Edited by ROTS

@ROTS:

Re: Getting high on life became illegal back in 2004 when my home became the imaginary USSR of the early 1990's.

Beautifully stated poetry! Ain't got a clue what it means objectively, but subjectively, it takes me far, far away to another, more blissful, contemplative, puzzling, magical, wondrous, groovy, fantastical, marvelous, magical...oops, already said that...fantasmagorical reality!

Keep 'em coming, dude! Big fan! I try to read as many as I can!

Larry

At the same time some old woman, or dude-who-plays-for-other-team ( typical gay lawyer ), or some orphan is constantly attacking everything for the sake of political agenda.

Play nice, ROTS. I happen to be an orphan and I'm not attacking you. :P

Edited by 5eraph

Hi, bphlpt!

Long time, no see!

Well, poets, deep thinkin' guys, and mystics, such as

you,

me,

and ROTS

need all the encouragement

we three mouseketeers musketeers

can get!

Three_Musketeers_with_swords_out.jpg

Well, I'm in the middle, ROTS is on the right, so that must be you on the left, bphlpt!

Nice tan! Been gettin' a lot of sun?

@Kel:

Hi there! Long time, no see!

I like bi, too, as in binaural beats for enhanced creativity, and as in binary, because I can handle 2 numbers OK, 0 and 1.

When I'm faced with more than 2 numbers, I turn the calculations over to ROTS, who always seems to come up with

a

surprising

answer

And he's never been stumped, since, to his great credit, he seems to have an answer for

EVERYTHING

Edited by larryb123456

At first sight the guy on the left seems more a gay lawyer :w00t:, didn't you notice how he is the one that is holding his sword crossing the other two guys' swords? (that's a clear sign he is playing for the other team and  following his own political agenda :ph34r:)

bphlpt, besides the distinctive white beard, is taller ....

ROTS, even if something is illegal, you can still get high on life, as long as you are not caught by the No Fun Police:

fun_police_womens_plus_size_vneck_dark_t

jaclaz