Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

There were some reports that machine ID sometimes accidentally changes, especially after driver update or OS reinstall. That's why I allowed infinite keys for anyone (but with 30 days restriction to avoid abusing).

On the other side, I asked those users to provide info before and after update, so I can check where the problem is (e.g. what causes the machine ID to change) but noone provided anything. So it is the question whether the problem really exists.

I had nothing with that yet, I only got my code changed once and that is coz I built an SSD in my Laptop.

it is also not affected whether or not I have my psudo-internal 2nd HDD (ODD adapter bay) in my Laptop or not.

Hi bigmuscle;

i donated for Aero Glass 8.1,i install the program,got the machine number and genarated the key and downloaded the donation key.But when i click the donation key it says "this is not a registry key......".Sonow i use the program free.What can i do solve this problem?

and that's why I hate it when devs use they .key extension for their keys. it is not a reg key. @altanis you are suppoed to shove it into the aeroglass folder and after the ext load of glass everything will be fine.

@dhjohns,

my folders and file's name is secure,your is not.so my donation key's name is donation.key too.

If your file's name were donation.key, it would say so.  It even has the registry file icon, so it appears that it is not named properly.  If it WERE named properly it would work, since it doesn't work, it is not named properly.

Don't forget that the default setting for Windows is to "Hide file extensions for known file types".  Many people disable that when they first set up windows.

Note that "Kayit Girdileri" is "Registry Entries" in Turkish.

Atlanis, open debug.log and list the information here for Big Muscle to look at.  It will say why it is doing what you're seeing to someone who knows what to look for (as Big Muscle does).

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Still, if it were named properly it would NOT look like this:  screenshot_4.png  It would look like this:  screenshot_5.png

It also says registry entries in type, and not KEY FILE.

Edited by dhjohns

Fair enough.  Mine has the latter (blank page) icon.

Somehow donation.key may have gotten changed to donation.reg.

Now we know why smart people change the system configuration so that the file extensions always show.

-Noel