any windows 3.11 gurus kickin around?

supernova777

MDGx has some example autoexec.bat/config.sys configurations you can examine. If you have Dos6X you can read here. For Dos7X here.

Pay extra attention to "LOADHIGH", "DEVICEHIGH", "HIMEM.SYS", "UMBPCI.SYS", and maybe "EMM386.EXE". If "UMBPCI.SYS" work for you, then you probably don't need "EMM386.EXE". But if it doesn't work, the maybe use "EMM386.EXE" with the noems option.

If you don't mind, what is the end goal?

Are you running this in DosBox or a VM? Unless your network is under really heavy load, a 10 second timeout should be plenty of time.

According to the output, locally things are working.

Edited by awkduck

I think(?) Trumpet came with WINPKT. But if Trumpet 3 did not provide it, you can get it from this zip file "WINPKT.COM". But I don't ever remember needing an extra program like that.

You would add "WINPKT.COM 0X90" to "AUTOEXEC.BAT".

This issue might be that Trumpet needs to know the interrupt of your "packet driver". I can't remember how Tumpet 3 managed that. Maybe a ini file? Something like TRUMPET.INI? Did it ask during installation?

Bypassing the 30 day evaluation of Trumpet is something beyond the scope of this forum.

With that in mind, you might end up wanting to uninstall Trumpet 3 and install Trumpet 2, which comes with "WINPKT.COM".

Sorry, I had forgotten about the trial period.

Note: Run Win3x in enhanced mode, for best support.

Also, an alternative to "WINPKT" is "PKTMUX". "PKTMUX" is useful if you want to use multiple Dos only networking programs, in Desqview or Windows without winsock support. When you don't need winsock, you don't need to load Trumpet.

Edited by awkduck

I fixed the 30 days problem. The installation doesn't ask .ini file. The winkpt file is in the same folder with packet driver. How to run windows in enchanced mode and how to use the pktmux file? And i run now to this
Screenshot-9.jpg

Edited by shelby

When Windows is running, check help/about. There you may find that Windows is already running in "Enhanced Mode". If it isn't start Windows with "WIN /3".

Start PTKMUX.EXE like this "PKTMUX 5 90". "5" is for how many different programs will need to network access at the same time. "90" is for the interrupt your driver is using (0x90). Then run PKTDRV.EXE inside a Windows Dos prompt. In that same Dos prompt run the application you want to use. I am pretty sure you can also use PKTDRV.EXE as an alternative to WINPKT, for use with Trumpet. Just run PKTDRV before you start Trumpet.