any windows 3.11 gurus kickin around?

supernova777

The mTCP config will actually need to be tuned for ever initiation of PKTDRV and whichever mTCP program.

In your "C:\MTCP\CONFIG.CFG" the setting "packetint 0x60" needs to be set to what ever interrupt each PKTDRV installs to.

Alternatively, I think each mTCP application allows you to set the interrupt with a command line switch at execution.

Did you just double click on Links, or did you run from the MsDos Prompt? You need to open a MsDos Prompt, run PKTDRV, and then change to the Links directory and run Links from the command prompt.

Tip: If you load PKTDRV with the "/n" switch "PKTDRV /n", it will only load a new PKTDRV channel if an open one is not available. 

Edited by awkduck

38 minutes ago, awkduck said:

In your "C:\MTCP\CONFIG.CFG" the setting "packetint 0x60" needs to be set to what ever interrupt each PKTDRV installs to.

So i have to change it to 0x7A. Or it should be 0x79?

Every time you run PKTDRV it will say something like,

Installed at interrupt XX using multiplexor at XX

Ignore multiplexor. The multiplexer is PKTMUX. So "multiplexor at xx" = the interrupt PKTMUX uses to connect to your packet driver.

So when you run PKTDRV in autoexec.bat, that is for use with Trumpet.

The thing about MsDos, is that it is Single Tasking. So, "one" packet driver = "one" application.

PKTMUX manages multiple "Virtual" packet drivers.

PKTDRV is the "Virtual" packet driver. 

So, whenever you need another packer driver/PKTDRV you get a the new virtual packet driver at a new interrupt.

Example.jpg.e9cb0c83039570717934c99fdc9e4017.jpg

Edited by awkduck

So if you needed to run multiple mTCP programs, you could create multiple mTCP config files.

Like 60.cfg

packetint 0x60

63.cfg

packetint 0x63

7A.cfg etc.

packetint 0x7A

Then environment setting batch files.

60.bat

SET MTCPCFG=C:\MTCP\60.CFG

63.bat, 7A.bat, etc.

The you would open MsDos Prompt, run PKTDRV, look for the new interrupt, run matching environment setting batch, and finally the mTCP program.

But this is just for mTCP applications.

Other MsDos applications each have their own way of inputting the dos interrupt.

Another thing to keep in mind, Trumpet is a windows socket (winsock) with it's own I.P.. But when you run other Dos Applications, each will get their own I.P. address.