any windows 3.11 gurus kickin around?

supernova777

ti gives me this
spacer.png
can you give me an usb driver for dos?

14 minutes ago, awkduck said:

Yeah, I forgot. The range is 0x60 to 0x7F.

Your last setup looks good. I tested it last night. I would use the Trumpet Ping program, to ping your gateway.

Edited by shelby

As a test, before loading into Windows, you could use mTCP Ping. If that works, you could load into Windows, not start Trumpet, and then run mTCP Ping; in a MsDos Prompt. If that works, load Trumpet and use it's Ping. If they all work, check the D.N.S..

47 minutes ago, awkduck said:

Yes, you put an I.P., that is on your network, in place of "localhost". Click Start, wait a few seconds, and then click Stop.

it cuts the internet in the main windows also
Screenshot-3.jpg

Edited by shelby

You are having fun with this :)

192.168.1.68 (show above as 168.192.1.68) was your I.P. right?

127.0.0.1 > <192.168.1.68 = localhost

We want to ping an I.P. that is outside your Virtualbox machine.

The gateway, you posted earlier, is 192.168.1.254. You should ping that. If your network allows pings between clients, you could also ping another computer on your network.

This is how you would use mTCP ping "C:\MTCP\ping 192.168.1.254".

Edited by awkduck

Does it let you ping the google DNS?

What is you current Virtualbox network config?

If you run DHCP from Dos, Dos it still assign the same I.P.? Maybe I.P.s have changed on your network.

Edited by awkduck

Try Virtualbox NAT.

You could also just run DHCP in a MsDos Prompt, after PKTDRV. The only reason for doing so, is to see what I.P. it assigns you.

DO NOT add it to autoexec.bat. You really don't need it, for your system's normal use. It is more like a test/demo application.

Other mTCP programs have DHCP built in. They all use the same mTCP config file.

Edited by awkduck

Good, we want all of those things to work.

It is okay to set the mTCP config "SET MTCPCFG=C:\MTCP\CONFIG.CFG" in autoexec.bat. It is for all mTCP programs. It won't hurt anything.

We just don't need DHCP in autoexec.bat.

So with MTCPCFG set, reboot and manually run DHCP. We want to see what I.P. it assigns you. This is to make sure the I.P. we later put in Trumpet, is "unused" on the network. It may be different than before. DHCP should display the settings it receives. But it will also be saved at the bottom of" C:\MTCP\CONFIG.CFG".

Next, Just to be extra careful, reboot and load into windows; without running DHCP. In Windows, put the new I.P. in Trumpet setup; unless it is the same. Test Opera. If Opera does not work, open a MsDos Prompt, run PKTDRV, and then run Links. Once Links is up, press the "G" key and type google.com.

If Links works, but Opera does not, then we know it is either the settings in Trumpet or something is wrong with Opera. You could try to install Netscape as a test. If you can still Ping the D.N.S. with Trumpet Ping, then it almost sounds like a problem with Opera's settings. But I have to say, if you didn't change any of Opera's settings, the default settings should work.