any windows 3.11 gurus kickin around?

supernova777

To run Cutemouse, run ctmouse.exe.

shelby, I've noticed that your packet driver isn't in autoexec.bat. There is nothing for PKTMUX to use, without a packet driver.

If I get a chance, I will post the description of a working setup.

@shelby Okay, I've tested it on a real machine. This is what I've had to do.

Part of my autoexec.bat

REM Cutemouse

LH C:\CTM\ctmouse

REM This is my packet driver

LH C:\DRV\NET\RTSPKT.COM 0x60

REM PKTMUX

LH C:\PKTMUX\PKTMUX.EXE 8 60

REM PKTDRV.EXE: look to see which interrupt it uses. For me it finds the multiplexer on 0x60 and installs itself to 0x63

C:\PKTMUX\PKTDRV.EXE

WIN

I didn't check to see if everything loaded high, but it caused no problem.

You can probably REM out DHCP. The settings are saved to your mTCP config file. That way you don't use a PKTDRV for it. Just load the one for Windows/Trumpet.

Now, if you've already setup a vector (interrupt) for Trumpet, you can enter the Trumpet folder and edit "TRUMWSK.INI". Find "vector=XX" and delete whatever is in there, unless it is the interrupt PKTDRV used. I mention this because with the wrong vector/interrupt Trumpet did not load for me. I had to delete that setting first. Leave the "vector=" part.

Start Trumpet and then select File > Setup.

You need to add a static I.P., your D.N.S. (or any usable D.N.S.), select the Packet driver dot/bullet, make sure the vector is correct, add your netmask and finally your gateway. Then click okay and restart Trumpet.

Run Opera to check for connection at Google.

Then open MsDos Prompt and run PKTDRV. change to the directory of Links and run it. It will fail the first connection type attempt, but when it changes to DHCP it should connect. Your screen will look blank with a block mouse cursor. Press the "G" key and type google.com > enter key.

There is probably a way to skip the first Links connection type. But I didn't read the manual :) Also, I think Links has a Graphical mode, instead of text only. That would be in the manual too.

Yeah, I forgot. The range is 0x60 to 0x7F.

Your last setup looks good. I tested it last night. I would use the Trumpet Ping program, to ping your gateway.

I guess I've had a packet driver that could only go to 0x74. So not all things are equal.

Edited by awkduck