how to install two different .exe one after the other

gomboc

So I have two different .exe installs one after the other and I can't find the swtiches for the 2nd one. Below is my current script that silent installs the main one but of course can't find the switches for the 2nd so help is needed. Universal silent switch finder can't find it either.

@ECHO OFF & CLS::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::TITLE Install EXE:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Purpose: Installation of Power Draw v3.1:: Version: 1.2:: Author: Norbert Saska:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Set script parent directory:SET _ScriptDir=%~dp0SET _ScriptDir=%_ScriptDir:~0,-1%:: Run OS architecture check:IF DEFINED PROGRAMFILES(X86) (    SET _OSArch=x64) ELSE (    SET _OSArch=x86):: Display status message:ECHO.ECHO Installing Power Draw...:: Run commands:START "Install" /WAIT "%_ScriptDir%\SRC\x86\pd_core_160.exe" /s /v"/qb /QUIET /NORESTART:: Display return code and set exit code:ECHO. & ECHO Return Code: %ERRORLEVEL% & SET "_EXITCODE=%ERRORLEVEL%":: Display completion notice:ECHO.ECHO Done!:: Delay for processing:PING 127.0.0.1 -n 3 > NUL:: Pause to view results::: ECHO.:: PAUSEEXIT %_EXITCODE%
Edited by Yzöwl
Code tags added

Initial comment:

You have provided us with a non relevant working script and no information whatsoever regarding your problem program!

Side Note:

That is not the best way to determine Operating System Architecture. (not that it matters since you don't appear to be using the variable created anyhow)!

The question:

WHAT/WHICH is the 2nd ? :w00t:

comes to mind :unsure:

At first sight the "script" is at the moment a wordy way to run unconditionally just:

SET _ScriptDir=%~dp0SET _ScriptDir=%_ScriptDir:~0,-1%START "Install" /WAIT "%_ScriptDir%\SRC\x86\pd_core_160.exe" /s /v"/qb /QUIET /NORESTART
which can been however simplified to:

START "Install" /WAIT "%~dp0%SRC\x86\pd_core_160.exe" /s /v"/qb /QUIET /NORESTART
but the script has nothing to do with the question asked, and without some info on this 2nd .exe, guessing it will be tough :(.

jaclaz

Searching for that EXE on Google only brings up this post. It appears to be part of a commercial package and no demo is available. v3.1 is older but have you considered contacting the company that makes the software?

http://powerdraw.net/

If you paid $1300 for the thing, I'd expect they could tell you how to silently install the software.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, I had to move my work laptop over to Window 8.1 so I can start testing on Hyper-V 5.0 this week. There were no changes in the script for Power Draw but now I'm getting Error 1203 while running this script on a VM as well as my Windows 8 box... any thoughts? This same script worked like a charm on Windows 7 machine. The VM is W7 also