bigmuscle

since installing the august patches of windows 8.1 I have a serious problem, I get this message after start:

incompatibility issue

incompatible with aero glass! do you want to retry symbols loading?

Retry   Cancel

a few seconds after logged in, The system logged me out.

What can I do now?

I've installed the august patches of windows 8.1 and it still works for me

since installing the august patches of windows 8.1 I have a serious problem, I get this message after start:

incompatibility issue

Retry   Cancel

What can I do now?

No issues with August Updates on any of my systems!

incompatibility issue

Retry   Cancel

What can I do now?

I's working now, after booting up with the ctrl key pressed I found out that i was using the previous Glass8, I update to 1.2.5 and no problems. btw My system is always up to patch

Hi.

Just installed this today. I didn't seem to have to do any of the rather complicated looking things, and just used the installer. Seems to work fine, though. :) One question, though:

Will Aero Glass for Win 8.1 conflict with UXTheme Multi-Patcher?

"For Windows 8/8.1, UXTheme Multi-Patcher comes with WinaeroGlass from winaero.com installed enabling Glass theme support."

I don't recommend to use that WinaeroGlass thing, because it runs background loop which periodically sets any window as layered with 99% transparency. It will result in degraded performance (because layered windows need to render all obscured content) and some applications do not work with it at all. It is also contra-productive to use with my Aero Glass library,

I don't recommend to use that WinaeroGlass thing, because it runs background loop which periodically sets any window as layered with 99% transparency. It will result in degraded performance (because layered windows need to render all obscured content) and some applications do not work with it at all. It is also contra-productive to use with my Aero Glass library,

Thanks for your reply.

I think their documentation says you can disable their Aero hack. Basically, I only want to be able to use UXTheme Multi-Patcher for being able to install third party Themes, and then use *your* Aero tool. :)

Edited by meimeiriver

Bigmuscle Aero Glass just work fine with UxTheme Patcher, I use both on my PCs and I never had any problem with this ;)

Thanks. :) I was planning on using it, but didn't want to give up using Bigmuscle's Aero Glass in the process (as that seems to be working really well, in contrast to rather flaky hacks out there).

Perhaps I should rephrase the question. ;)

Can UXTheme Multi-Patcher be used (with its own WinaeroGlass not used), alongside Aero Glass for Win 8.1? I'd like to be able to use 3rd party Themes too.

Never heard of a theme patcher that comes with a transparency on it. I use UxStyle as it doesn't modifer any system files. http://uxstyle.com/

Can UXTheme Multi-Patcher be used (with its own WinaeroGlass not used), alongside Aero Glass for Win 8.1? I'd like to be able to use 3rd party Themes too.

Never heard of a theme patcher that comes with a transparency on it. I use UxStyle as it doesn't modifer any system files. http://uxstyle.com/

Yeah, I don't like the idea of UXTheme having its own Aero implementation (I feel a conflct, regardless of their saying you can disable it). I will check out the tool you mentioned. Thanks!

LOL @ the name, though: "...x86_x64_possibly_bugged.zip" Wut?! :w00t:

Hmm, just tried it out with with a well-know Convave theme. That didn't work out: Got a warning about an unsigned Theme, which then turned out to be entirely black (on thumbnail), and wasn't being loaded.

That's uxstyle it needs it's own style of theme.

Ah. That's sad to hear. I though the whole point of uxstyle was that it was transparent to the system, so you can use regular Themes.

Oh well, thx anyway for telling me.

Hey BM. Something I've noticed here in the operational logs for performance.

http://puu.sh/aXRo9/d03cdf6d8c.png

Seems that every hour, its reporting DWM using high CPU regardless of what I'm doing. Im guessing its because of Aero Glass because DWM has to work a bit harder to render the glass. Shouldnt be anything to worry about, right? Only thing I'm really concerned about are these logs being generated every hour.