isn't there reg tweak to prevent fragements?

krt47

that is ridiculous by itself

OS doesn't magically check every second or minute or hour what is fragmented or not

granted in win7 they tried to do it like that but failed miserably

and NTFS by itself doesn't reserve space to prevent fragmenting but dumps pieces on 1st available place(s)

is there one? I know there is one

then why ask here, go get it

I can't find the registry fragement on the internet. it's been a few years sense I haven't been online. do you know a reg tweak?

you see this tweak I'm talking about is.... it's to prevent the memory from thronging on to the hard drive.

Edited by krt47

hi, I been looking all over the web for away to prevent fragements without having to use defragementer. is there one? I know there is one.

Bottom line - to my knowledge there is no tweak, program, or any other way to prevent fragmentation that is not more complicated and use more system resources than simply defragmenting on occasion. On any system I have ever heard of, no matter what OS, if there is not some kind of monitoring software actively running, moving files around and trying to consolidate free space so you always have a large contiguous space available on the drive, eventually fragments will occur as the drive fills up, and fragmentation will still occur as the drive gets very full. And that software is just doing the exact same thing that defragmenting software is, but for the average user it is getting in your way even more, slowing you down, because it is always running. Sorry, but if you really know of any possible way to prevent fragmentation, you'll have to prove it to me before I believe you.

Cheers and Regards