Downgrading to XP on Toshiba L505D series

estame6

I am having a real difficult time finding files to work with the nLite program to downgrade from win7 to Xp pro sp2 x86. Install xp fine in the non ahci mode but would like to take advantage of the ahci feature. Being an AMD processor and while still being in win7 I copied out the hardware ID profiles and googled them looking for a file. I get nothing that I am able to work with and would like some help if anyone has any suggestions. Many thanks.

I copied out the hardware ID profiles and googled them looking for a file. I get nothing that I am able to work with and would like some help if anyone has any suggestions. Many thanks.

So... you find nothing with the hardware ID but hope we do find something without the hardware ID ? :huh:

Maybe this thread contains info relevant to your search.

Thanks for your help Ponch.

I followed your link to a file that Fernando Posted that he mentioned contains the INF and OEM files of the linked 32/64bit AMD textmode drivers have been customized by him to make them usable with nearly all AMD chipsets from SB6xx up. I am reading that mine is an SB i855GM so I'm hoping this will work.

Sounds great so I downloaded a .z7 file and I must be getting soft in the head as I am unable to open it. Can you please point me to a file that will enable me to open this file.

Many thanks again.....

http://win-lite.de/benutzer/fernando/AMD-ATI/AHCI%20&%20RAID%20drivers/XP/32bit%20AMD%20SBxxx%20textmode%20driver%20v3.3.1540.29%20for%20XP%20mod%20by%20Fernando.7z

Sounds great so I downloaded a .z7 file and I must be getting soft in the head as I am unable to open it. Can you please point me to a file that will enable me to open this file.

In a nutshell 7z is the extension for the compression format that is very popular among those who want a more efficient than zip compression and don't want to pay for WinRar, but that is anyway very popular not only among them.

It is freeware and Open Source :

http://www.7-zip.org/

and doubles as an almost orthodox dual pane file manager.

jaclaz

Successfully used Fernando's drivers and all is working well, thanks Fernando....

Jaclaz, thanks for that, excellent program will keep it on hand for sure...

Spolied Brat, both those links are very interesting and similar, thanks...

Ponch, your right, I googled the version and wrote that by mistake, it is an AMD...

Many thanks to all, now to load the drivers and see which works.

• 5 weeks later...

There are usually 2 ways of doing that; through a control panel provided by the the drivers (that you installed) or using "hotkeys", sort of additional function keys that are activated by a program (that you could probably find on Toshiba's website, ...but I can't find it).