Windows Security Update CD

My Windows Update CD finally came today, and it's pretty nice. When you put the disc in it brings up a window where you can choose to scan your system for needed updates. It's like Windows Update except offline; of course you still have to go to Windows Update for the latest patches but this will save a lot of downloading for people on dial up connections. It also has a Security Advisor section that will turn on the firewall and automatic updates. This will help with all the novice users who are running bare systems and spreading worms and viruses like Typhoid Mary. There is a second CD included that comes with a trial version of EZ Armor LE which appears to be a firewall and anti-virus program. Overall I like it, and you can't beat getting it for free. I just wonder how often they will release these update discs (if ever again) and if we'll have to order them each time.

This is a very handy cd. I have no use for it on my personal computer but I repair computers quite often. Just today I used it for Windows 2000 as I had to do a reformat and reinstall of the operating system for someone.

I ended up having to do much more on top of that but the download time would have taken an extra 10+ minutes. Wouldn't have been a problem if the computer had NIC drivers installed (which I refuse to do without any type of firewall running). This made it so that I'd have had to burn to cd and THEN install to the other computer.

Anyway, thank you Microsoft. Was finally a pleasure doing business with you :)

newdles

http://www.webzila.com

• 2 weeks later...

I too gave my review (admittingly I didn't see this one right off hand) on the cds as well. EZ Guard is just ZoneAlarm Pro's firewall. It's identical with the ezTrust logos and such on it. Even the readme states it's from ZoneLabs.