Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

You didn't understood. The point is that it is easily possible to make tons of malicious code and you will never find it with any of your scans. And because that glasspwn (or how they call it) replaces important system library and injects its own code into high-privileged process then I am very happy that you decided to use it :w00t:

You didn´t get it. I said it would contain malicious code. And quit trying to scare me, doesn´t work. Even if this piece of software would completely destroy my system, I wouldn´t  need two hours to reset it.

On the other side, I can bet that you will be one of the firsts who will install any upcoming update. The practice just verifies my claim - the users of cracked software have the need to have the latest version of the software regardless what have been changed in this version.

You would lose money. You´d have to include glasspwm to make me download the new version.

Edited by Sheldon

I don´t whine.

Sorry.  I forgot that folks over your way call it whinging.  :sneaky:

Be thankful you lead a charmed life in which you can debate such nonsense on a forum, while all your physical needs are well taken care of by the society you live in.  If the worst thing you have in your life to complain about is a watermark on your desktop, you have to admit things are pretty good. 

Perhaps one day, when you put bread on your family's table through the software sales you make, you'll have a different opinion of crackers.

-Noel

According to Sheldon posts and names of his link here, I assume that Sheldon and Glass4Cash is one person. Funny how he's trying to convince us that the "crack" is working correctly but he's reporting weird behaviours in their discussion :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

@Bigmuscle

This weekend I took my laptop (oldish upgraded HP DV2533tx) along with our little family holiday.

It is currently running Win8 Build 9200. Just because okay.

So, obviously I am running AeroGlass for Win8 1.3 with my license key etc to suit.

I noticed, by accident...  If I BOOT the laptop on Battery, despite my registry setting to have glass always enabled. There is no Aero Glass.

It doesn't work, Glass is subsequently enabled if I plug in power.  If I then Remove the power it STAYS in glass like it I asked/set it to.

Why is that?

Boot on power, Glass. Remove power, Still glass.

Boot on battery- No Glass, add power- Glass. Remove power- Still Glass.

Yes I have set my reg to

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\DisableGlassOnBattery\Dword 0x0......etc

It works almost properly, just not from cold boot from battery. Weird.

Edited by ralcool

Battery logger

Current power status (1 - 0) is 1, 1
WM_POWERBROADCAST (0xA, 0x0) received
Power status changed (1 - 0) to 0, 1
--------------
Power status changed (1 - 0) to 0, 1
--------------
Power status changed (1 - 0) to 1, 1
--------------
Power status changed (1 - 0) to 1, 1
--------------

Run with power connected, then unplugged... then reconnected..

It seems that everything is correctly recognized. Weird... could you verify that this value does not exist HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery (notice that I am talking about HKEY_CURRENT_USER) ?

Right, Disable the value that prevents glass disable on battery thinking it will help it be enabled on battery boot.....

No that didn't help either.

Also got a lovely screen today trying to run VirtualBox for the first time

post-380749-0-19639200-1407996690_thumb.

....After I remembered I was running v1.3, had to open explorer, locate the directory, rename the file- the open task manager to close the dwm process to 'reboot' without glass. 

There has to be a quicker way to disable glass without the hassle. I spent at least a minute looking for aerohost to kill until I remembered I'm using Win8.

More exciting feedback on software usability.

Cheers!

Edited by ralcool

I am running free version on Win8.1 Pro and get the following message.

Your DWM is incompatible with Aero Glass!

(Degug.log

[2014-08-17 16:21:17][0x27C:0xA14] Aero Glass for Win8.1 v1.2.5 x64 correctly loaded (C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll).

[2014-08-17 16:21:17][0x27C:0xA1C] dwmcore.dll version 6.3.9600.16384

[2014-08-17 16:21:17][0x27C:0xA1C] udwm.dll version 6.3.9600.16384

[2014-08-17 16:21:17][0x27C:0xA1C] DWM incompatibility error 0x80)

Do you want to retry symbols downloading?

This is truly the only method of "aero for win8" that has any change in the UI. I would really like to use it and suggest to my friends. Please help

• 1 month later...