I've had StartIsBack for about 5 days now, but it's already saying that it has expired. I'm not going to pay $2.99 just to keep evaluating it. I'm supposed to have 30 days here.

Can you help?

Read Post #898

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163489-startisback-16/page-36#entry1074062

No, I am evaluating StartIsBack right now, not Classic Shell.

TwoCables

You don't evaluate Classic Shell it's free to use as long as you like, and how can you be evaluating startisback when it's expired.

I know, ace2. I'm not computer-illiterate. lol So, let me rephrase that: I don't want to test Classic Shell right now; I want to test StartIsBack. So, please stop pushing Classic Shell on me.

Why are you asking me how I am evaluating StartIsBack if it has expired? Again: I have only had it for about 5 days now, yet it has already expired. I am trying to evaluate it here, but how can I do that if it expires approximately 25 days early?

Does everything make sense now? Do you see why I'm asking now? So again, please stop telling to use something that I do not want to use right now.

Edited by TwoCables

I've had StartIsBack for about 5 days now, but it's already saying that it has expired. I'm not going to pay $2.99 just to keep evaluating it. I'm supposed to have 30 days here.

Can you help?

Sending PM.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

Already installed update 1. Like it and like Tihiy, too! Well, I mean SIB+ :lol:.

Classic Shell is a very good application. But I find its configuration so complex. I was a little confused at that time when I went through all the options.

I think I can happily report that I succeeded in fixing my problem by formatting, starting over, and not doing this tweak this time:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/prevent-windows-8-file-explorer-from-deleting-images-thumbnail-cache/

So far, so good. It's the only difference this time around. Plus, I think I solved the slow loading time in any File Explorer window without doing this tweak: I disabled Defender and Windows Firewall and now Windows 8.1 File Explorer is just as fast for me as Windows 7 Windows Explorer (which is extremely fast). Go figure. :) Unfortunately, I disabled both at the same time, so I don't know which one was the solution. I'm betting on Defender, but still.

So yeah, I'd say that I owe it to StartIsBack+ 1.6 because if I didn't begin trying it out, then I never would have learned that that tweak is bad news! Oh, and I was having other stupid (but very annoying) problems that I think were totally solved by just not doing that tweak this time!

In other words, I am pretty seriously considering paying the $2.99 for StartIsBack because now I'm beginning to think that Windows 8.1 isn't so bad. lol Sure, I could go with a free third-party Taskbar program, but all of the others require at least one extra process to run in the background. That just seems silly to me. I want this to be as native as possible, and that's exactly what I'm getting with StartIsBack. It's beautiful and sublime. :)

Edited by TwoCables

WOOT! Hehe...

I think I can happily report that I succeeded in fixing my problem by formatting, starting over, and not doing this tweak this time:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/prevent-windows-8-file-explorer-from-deleting-images-thumbnail-cache/

So far, so good. It's the only difference this time around. Plus, I think I solved the slow loading time in any File Explorer window without doing this tweak: I disabled Defender and Windows Firewall and now Windows 8.1 File Explorer is just as fast for me as Windows 7 Windows Explorer (which is extremely fast). Go figure. :) Unfortunately, I disabled both at the same time, so I don't know which one was the solution. I'm betting on Defender, but still.

So yeah, I'd say that I owe it to StartIsBack+ 1.6 because if I didn't begin trying it out, then I never would have learned that that tweak is bad news! Oh, and I was having other stupid (but very annoying) problems that I think were totally solved by just not doing that tweak this time!

In other words, I am pretty seriously considering paying the $2.99 for StartIsBack because now I'm beginning to think that Windows 8.1 isn't so bad. lol Sure, I could go with a free third-party Taskbar program, but all of the others require at least one extra process to run in the background. That just seems silly to me. I want this to be as native as possible, and that's exactly what I'm getting with StartIsBack. It's beautiful and sublime. :)

Yep! I'm just now 100% finished setting up the 90-day Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation and still no problems (I've completely "moved in" so to speak). Wow. I should say something to that Addictive Tips site. lol

There's nothing sweeter than when everything comes together like this.

Edited by TwoCables

Yep! I'm just now 100% finished setting up the 90-day Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation and still no problems (I've completely "moved in" so to speak). Wow. I should say something to that Addictive Tips site. lol

On the site's comments for that article, it appears about five months ago people started noting that the tweak doesn't work under Windows 8.1, but it appears that all along it was hit or miss for some people.

I know what you mean re: when things come together. :)

Edited by roirraWedorehT

On the site's comments for that article, it appears about five months ago people started noting that the tweak doesn't work under Windows 8.1, but it appears that all along it was hit or miss for some people.

I know what you mean re: when things come together. :)

Yeah, y'know, it's funny: if it weren't for that tweak, I guess I wouldn't have formatted and started over a few times and then finally decided to disable Defender and Firewall like I have always done for Windows XP SP2 and 7. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I just believed that Defender and Firewall would be better this time around, but nope: File Explorer is still blazing fast without them enabled. lol

Nice update.

Unfortunately i don't like the delay for metro bouton appears when you move the mouse on the bottom left corner

Do you know if it's possible to unable this (metro button appears imediately) ?