Serious Problem With USB WinXP SP2

onlyrasel

I Have a Computer Sales Center. Recently I'm facing a serious Problem. In 61 Series Mother board USB Port not Recognizing any low quality Card Reader Under WinXP SP2. Its only supports Hi Quality or Branded Card Reader like Transcend/Twinmos/Apacher etc. Is There any Solution?

Thanks in Advance.

You ARE aware that if you apply all Hotfixes after SP2 that you, in essence, installed SP3?

Are you trying to say that those Devices worked with SP2-Only and Hotfixes broke it?

Thanks for ur reply. No those devices working fine in sp3 but not in sp2.

So you yourself provided the answer you seek: to use the crappy hardware (no disrespect intended: you yourself said it was low quality) you want to support you need sp3. Now, you don't want to update to sp3... but you really don't need to, in principle. All you need is to update the USB stack to sp3 and. preferably, even post-sp3 level. That means updating all the hid*.sys and usb*.sys to sp3 level, fist of all and checking whether the OS still works OK. If so, there you have the solution you've been seeking.

The usb related hotfix contained in sp3 (those that i found) are the following: 887173, 901122, 905816, 914015, 925528, 927546, 935708, 940086, 940514 and 943198.

No sure if it will help or not.

Edited by allen2