Drivers for new computers?

huja

Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website.

An added bonus: the last link that I provided DOES include WDM drivers! It's only a matter if they fit.

Cheers

Hello,

Thank you all for your support.

I tried all the solutions mentioned above, even the "modded" ones, but it is still not working.

Possibly is not a driver problem. I receive error messages from the Catalyst (see captures), as:

"Catalyst Control Center cannot be started because the curently active GPU is not supported." I searched and found that some people fixed this problem with a BIOS setting, but I didn't find that option in my BIOS.

Best Regards, Gabriel

post-370244-0-19843400-1357241738_thumb.

post-370244-0-69633300-1357241747_thumb.

Who needs CCC? :whistle: What is important is that you have installed drivers and your GPU is functioning correctly.

So, go ahead and remove that cr*p from Add/Remove Programs; I think it won't mess with drivers if you just choose CCC.

Cheers

More: it just occurred to me: does this error message occur when the ATI 7670m card is active? CCC is set to autostart on boot, so using the Intel card will throw this error, as "the currently used GPU is not supported".

Who needs CCC? :whistle: What is important is that you have installed drivers and your GPU is functioning correctly.

So, go ahead and remove that cr*p from Add/Remove Programs; I think it won't mess with drivers if you just choose CCC.

Cheers

More: it just occurred to me: does this error message occur when the ATI 7670m card is active? CCC is set to autostart on boot, so using the Intel card will throw this error, as "the currently used GPU is not supported".

Hello,

The problem isn't in fact the error messages from CCC, but the yellow mark of the Display Adapter. Possible that the CCC error message is only a consequence, I don't know. I removed CCC, and let the drivers. I have no more error messages, but the yellow mark is still there.

Gabriel

post-370244-0-78866400-1357254168_thumb.

You show two different "Display Adapters", the Intel one and the AMD one. Are they both installed? Why? How, since this is a laptop? Assuming the Intel one is not used, disable it in the BIOS settings, if possible, or simply uninstall it, then AFAIK, it should no longer appear to Windows. At that point you can try to reinstall the AMD Radeon 7600, you might want to uninstall it first, and see if that fixes things. I suspect the two were interfering with each other. Either that, or I'm just totally confused. :)

Cheers and Regards

You show two different "Display Adapters", the Intel one and the AMD one. Are they both installed? Why? How, since this is a laptop? Assuming the Intel one is not used, disable it in the BIOS settings, if possible, or simply uninstall it, then AFAIK, it should no longer appear to Windows. At that point you can try to reinstall the AMD Radeon 7600, you might want to uninstall it first, and see if that fixes things. I suspect the two were interfering with each other. Either that, or I'm just totally confused. :)

Cheers and Regards

Sorry bphlpt but you're wrong it is a laptop with new intel cpu that also provide graphics capabilities.

Ok, time to go down Trip's path. Grab a camera/ cell phone, restart to BIOS and take screenshots of anything you think is relevant and post them here (or even better, upload them somewhere like dropbox and post the links).

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Ok, time to go down Trip's path. Grab a camera/ cell phone, restart to BIOS and take screenshots of anything you think is relevant and post them here (or even better, upload them somewhere like dropbox and post the links).

OK well if we're back on this again, I doubt you'll find anything relevant in the BIOS. I may be able to find the appropriate drivers but since I'm all messed up with this thread, I need this info:

- model of notebook

- hardware ID of the Intel video device from Device Manager

- and may be helpful, the Code number reported in Device Manager for the ATI device that is flagged.

Hello,

I already uninstalled AMD and Intel display drivers, unfortunately Intel uninstalled also the audio drivers (I don't know exactly why), but I reinstalled all in a different order - first the AMD driver, without CCC, but it is still with yellow mark.

I cannot do many things in BIOS, it has no so many options to change.

- model of notebook

The model of the notebook is HP Pavilion g6-2011sq

- hardware ID of the Intel video device from Device Manager

- hardware ID of the Intel video device from Device Manager (which is OK)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_183E103C&REV_09

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_183E103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&CC_0300

- hardware ID of the AMD video which is not functioning

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&SUBSYS_183E103C&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&SUBSYS_183E103C

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&CC_0300

- and may be helpful, the Code number reported in Device Manager for the ATI device that is flagged.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Thank you,

Gabriel

Perhaps the amd driver wasn't properly installed the first time and now isn't working.

Could you try the following :

- download the package 12-8_xp32_dd_ccc.exe (if you don't still have it).

- extract with 7zip everything from the 12-8_xp32_dd_ccc.exe archive to a folder (for example 12-8_xp32_dd_ccc).

- go into that folder then in $_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF and check if you have the files CX145314.inf, CX145314.cat , CX145314.msi and the folder B143900.

- go in devices manager, then display adapters, then right click "amd radeon hd 7600M series" and select update driver from the context menu then follow the wizard (not checking for drivers on the internet) until you reach the choice "install from a list or specific location" and choose this option then select "don't search. I will choose the driver to install" then next then click "Have disk" and select the folder identified at the previous step (12-8_xp32_dd_ccc\$_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF).

Perhaps the amd driver wasn't properly installed the first time and now isn't working.

Could you try the following :

- download the package 12-8_xp32_dd_ccc.exe (if you don't still have it).

- extract with 7zip everything from the 12-8_xp32_dd_ccc.exe archive to a folder (for example 12-8_xp32_dd_ccc).

- go into that folder then in $_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF and check if you have the files CX145314.inf, CX145314.cat , CX145314.msi and the folder B143900.

- go in devices manager, then display adapters, then right click "amd radeon hd 7600M series" and select update driver from the context menu then follow the wizard (not checking for drivers on the internet) until you reach the choice "install from a list or specific location" and choose this option then select "don't search. I will choose the driver to install" then next then click "Have disk" and select the folder identified at the previous step (12-8_xp32_dd_ccc\$_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF).

Hello,

Yes, I have the package, I already did these actions.

Nevertheless, I couldn't select the folder XP_INF, instead I selected CX145314.inf.

The result is unchanged.

Gabriel

post-370244-0-27824600-1357327070_thumb.

Try unchecking "show compatible hardware" and then manually select from the list the right one and not the generic device (i.e. not the "Radeon HD 7600M series" and choose the "Radeon HD7670M" instead).

Another option would be trying to install the official HP x86 drivers for the Radeon HD but perhaps it might be better to install them from a clean XP install. I couldn't check them (if they contain XP support as well) as the package is about 400MB and hp website is a little slow right now.

Edit: Download finished and indeed HP drivers contains also XP x86 drivers but as i don't have the hardware i can't be sure they will install properly though.

Edited by allen2

Hello,

Try unchecking "show compatible hardware" and then manually select from the list the right one and not the generic device (i.e. not the "Radeon HD 7600M series" and choose the "Radeon HD7670M" instead).

Already done. No effect (only the name changed).

Another option would be trying to install the official HP x86 drivers for the Radeon HD but perhaps it might be better to install them from a clean XP install. I couldn't check them (if they contain XP support as well) as the package is about 400MB and hp website is a little slow right now.

Edit: Download finished and indeed HP drivers contains also XP x86 drivers but as i don't have the hardware i can't be sure they will install properly though.

Done, but no effect. To be sure, I uninstalled drivers for AMD (the driver dissapeared from device manager), and run the executable - the catalyst (without restart between these actions). Anything new in Device manager after running the executable - see capture 2.

After reboot, automaticaly the system recognise the AMD Radeon HD 7600 M Series (see capture 1), with the yellow mark. I unzipped the package with 7zip, and tried also to update the driver directly with Have Disk, pointing to the 4 *.inf files found in the package, one by one. I received every time the same message: "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware." see capture 3

Gabriel

post-370244-0-63745400-1357341293_thumb.

post-370244-0-02528100-1357341302_thumb.

post-370244-0-73971000-1357341310_thumb.

Edited by Gabriel