Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 driver for Windows98

mrbigmouth502

Thanks for your feedback. I'm starting to think it wasn't meant to be. I did a clean install with only the chipset and wireless card. Check out the image below. To be honest, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this because I do have working wireless with all my Broadcom adapters. I'll just have to put the intel back in the closet. Thanks again.

Maybe the memory range needs to be tweaked in some inf, or maybe there's a hardware conflict (BIOS can't assign specific range) so another PCI slot should be tested (is it a PCI device?)

Sorry for not being of much help, I have no Wi-Fi device whatsoever around the house.

Maybe the memory range needs to be tweaked in some inf, or maybe there's a hardware conflict (BIOS can't assign specific range) so another PCI slot should be tested (is it a PCI device?)

Sorry for not being of much help, I have no Wi-Fi device whatsoever around the house.

The only way we are getting the Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG adapter to work is to add these missing functions. I have also tried a Prudent Way Mini-USB Wireless Adapter (Ralink Chipset) which gives me the same error as Intel. Using an older driver doesn't work. I also tried an updated Broadcom driver which is intended for WinXP. Same results, missing fucntions. This is out of my hands now. Don't nothing beat a failure, but a try. Good day.

Before I gave up, I found w22n50.sys 1/14/2004  1608kb missing only ndisintializestring.  It was from dell's legacy driver page.  The first 2k driver A00 for an inspiron 8600.  I'm not sure if that legacy driver page is still available.   My machine with windows driver development software is down so I can't really experiment with it.

Those missing NDIS APIs indicate a newer NDIS version which may very well be unusable under Win9x. Guess we hit a dead end here, unless Dell driver mentioned by farfigs11 above could somehow be patched. That is assuming there are no other hidden (run-time) dependencies.

Before I gave up, I found w22n50.sys 1/14/2004  1608kb missing only ndisintializestring.  It was from dell's legacy driver page.  The first 2k driver A00 for an inspiron 8600.  I'm not sure if that legacy driver page is still available.   My machine with windows driver development software is down so I can't really experiment with it.

I have even found a newer version with no missing dependencies, but it still doesn't work because the driver is intended for Intel Pro Wireless 2100 and my card is Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG which need those functions to run. Here is the link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/11918/2100-Driver-INTEL-R-PROWIRELESS21-125836-ZIP-

W70N5.SYS 1.2.5.37

Trust and believe me when I say, I have tried, high and low, searched for weeks for a driver for my Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG, even tried an unofficial tactic and still no joy.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Nothing useful for Win98, but thank you very much. I have removed the card for the moment. If anything new come along I will put it back and further test. ATM its a dead issue. Thanks again

• 6 months later...

I don't think this particular wifi device is ever going to work under Win98. If I'm not mistaking both Windows 95/98 were in existance before device drivers needed to load firmware into the device in order to make it work. I don't know if these old legacy OS's would be able to support the loading in of firmware into devices. This wifi chipset definitely needs the driver to load in firmware to the device to make it work.