denied to change service state

vinifera

what is the cause when I can't change anymore some service (not of microsoft/windows)

from any state to other (disabled/manual/auto) but I get error of "access is denied" ?

my acc is /with Admin priviledge

Edited by vinifera

It depends what it is. Did you check the dependencies tab to see if you need to change a different service first? There are some MS services that behave this way. Also, you may find more information in Event Viewer.

its for avira antivirus scheduler service, which in past I could disable and enable whenever I wanted

except now, thats why I complain here :P

from events i get

ID: 7006

description: The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for Type with the following error: Access is denied.

and it has no dependencies

as said it worked before, now it wont let me anymore for some reason °_°

This event is telling you that Avira has been denied writing to the registry. A cursory lookup of this message leads to many people having a virus or malware on the system. Try running Malwarebytes or another product to see if it finds anything.

Vinifera,

I had the same problem with Avira on Windows Vista.

I can't find the link anymore, but IIRC, it is because Avira protects its services, etcetera from modification. I had to go into Safe Mode to disable the Scheduler.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could try Avira > Configuration (F8) > General (make you you're in Expert mode) > Security.

While in the Security tab, uncheck the "Protect files and registry entries from manipulation" checkbox.

If the information provided above does not help, try to edit the state of the service in Safe Mode.

Good luck.

post-338109-0-62771700-1338603066_thumb.

Edited by UltimateSilence