Windows update/graphic card issues

Win98

I dont remember what model it was, but the sticker didnt say anything about 2000 on it.

The reason i think Vista and 7 suck, is because on my old laptop, i had to have it re-installed twice, my my 7 laptop that im on at the moment, ive had to have it reinstalled twice, and on my 7 desktop ive had to have it reinstalled 3 times..The OS's are rather unstable, compared to a lot of the old ones.

You're right. Everything is linked to the internet and its constantly sending out information to places. The government is probably watching every thing that we download...

The 82845G (internal) is among the tested cards for VBEMP:

http://bearwindows.boot-land.net/vbe9x.htm

You may need to update BIOS or use a TSR, though:

Intel 845G, 855G, 865G, 915G and later

PRB: Cannot set resolution higher than 800x600x8bits and 640x480x16bits.

DETAILS: In Video BIOS frame buffer size hardwired to 832 Kbytes, which is not enough even for 1024x768x16bit = 1024*768*2 = 1572864, 1572864 > 832K.

FIX: Update your BIOS with latest version or patch it. In DOS/Windows9x it is possible to use software Intel TSR VBIOS VESA-driver.

jaclaz

Is there any way to update to a fairly recent version of java? When i try to run them it just says it preformed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Also, there isnt any way to get 98 to accept any more than 512mb, correct? Im using a 256 stick right now because it wont accept my 1gb card. Bought a 512 off of ebay, but it is defective and will soon be sent back to the seller to get a working one..

Also, there isnt any way to get 98 to accept any more than 512mb, correct? Im using a 256 stick right now because it wont accept my 1gb card. Bought a 512 off of ebay, but it is defective and will soon be sent back to the seller to get a working one..

Windows 9x supports more than 512MB or RAM.

It can support 768MB without modification.

Minor modifications are needed to use 1GB.

More substantial modifications are needed to run if more than 1GB of RAM is present.

To fully use more than 1GB of RAM requires my Patch.

And where abouts could i acquire your patch? Being able to use 1GB+ would be wonderful. Thanks!

I booted up my computer after applying no changes today, and my sound doesnt work.. I've uninstalled and re-installed the driver 5 times. Its a Realtek AC97. If any of you have had an issue with this card, fell free to comment. Sound works fine in other operating systems, by the way.

Edited by Win98

Would i be able to replace my P4 2.4 with a 3.0?

Current is: 2.4/512/533

One i want to replace with: 3.0/1M/800

I dont know if my motherboard would accept something that large

The board is a MSI MS-6714

845 chipset.

Today i tried to boot up the comp. I started and got "DISK BOOT FAILURE, ENTER SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" So, this comp has had issues with just being retarded and telling me this when things are fine, so i stick it in the dell. It then tells me that registry stuff is screwed up, and to boot to command prompt and have it check stuff, ect. I do that, and it didnt fix it. When i tell it to boot normally, i just get command prompt. I dont know whether it can be fixed, or if i need to reinstall the OS. That would kinda suck, because after a great hassle i got my USB flash drive to work..

Oh well.