Nvidia 7600 GS and windows 98

zuko1

I'v managed to get a Nvidia 7600 GS working on windows 98 With 98 to ME installed and nothing else but the modded Nvidia drivers :) I'v tested it with games and overclocked it with the Nvidia software that came with the driver and all is well. I thought this was impossible?

I'v managed to get a Nvidia 7600 GS working on windows 98 With 98 to ME installed and nothing else but the modded Nvidia drivers :) I'v tested it with games and overclocked it with the Nvidia software that came with the driver and all is well. I thought this was impossible?

I'm curious, it is AGP or PCI-E version of it?

It's an AGP 7600 which i'v tried to install on countless 98 boxes and failed every time so i was quite suprised to see it work on this old Pentium 3 1 GHZ machine :)

• 1 month later...

Were you able to use true color? I only get 256 color depth with these drivers. If I try to set any higher depth I'll see Windows protection error (or just a black screen if I choose to not restart for settings to take effect).

I once had that card and while I could get it working it was very unstable, whenever I tried to run anything DOS the driver went completely crazy and I had to reboot to gain functionality back. I could no longer shut down or reboot into MS-DOS. Regular reboot did work though

Edited by TmEE

It runs extremely stable and DOS is not a problem whatsoever on this P3 1GHZ. As i said earlier, this card would work only with 256 color on 1 of my pc's or not at all on the other pc's i have. I was wondering if it's because i used 982me on this box that it worked as i didn't use it on the others.