windows me auto patcher

hello i was wondering if there will be a auto patcher for windows me because i'm looking forward to installing it.

thanks.

Welcome to MSFN!

I don't think anyone is about to, or ever will, create an auto patcher for ME. 

The creator of the 98SE version, soporific took three years to perfect his version into a reliable working piece of software with the help of members feedback.

There is however the old and new versions of Service Pack for ME, see this thread for details http://www.msfn.org/...for-windows-me/ 

However I would recommend you had a good back-up policy in place prior to installing either. 

You could try 98SE2ME, see the 'sticky' for details of this which will give you the best of ME whilst retaining the best of 98SE. I have been using Option 1 of this since 2006 without any problems whatsoever. 

• 9 years later...

From my experience to use autopatcher on windows millennium one can first install windows 98 SE Apply the full autopatcher 07 full for windows 98se then install windows millennium step up.

The step up has the main components of windows millennium but retains all the updated components from windows 98se nstalled.

Both operating systems had almost identical patches service packs etc afterall.

When prompted to replace newer files with older ones just opt no.

After windows ME stepup completes user can then apply all the millennium addition patches harmlessly also preserving unofficial components.

This gives the benefit of the best components from the 9x community and allowing up to 2GB system ram tweakability whilst maintaining stability.

Lastly, web view desktop after step up still says windows 98 this is a step up bug and is only cosmetic.

Good Day.

Edited by ZaPbUzZ
revision of incorrect info