Shutdown after ghost restore

iamtheky

We have an integration facility that will begin dropping our new images shortly. We have no bearing on their operation so solutions regarding the actual implementation, beyond the behavior on our disc, cannot be utilized.

The image we have pulled is sysprepped with some stuff queued up in the runonce, so to make the integration facilities life a little easier we would like the system to shutdown after the image is deployed (not reboot, not exit the application), so they can close it up and ship it with no further interaction.

We are considering a PE option atm, if there any other keen ideas they would be much appreciated.

nope, that would be reboot.

we would like the system to shutdown after the image is deployed (not reboot, not exit the application)

these are not ATX boards so the ATXoff (shutdown12, shtdwn16) utilities have not worked either.

Edited by iamtheky

these are not ATX boards so the ATXoff (shutdown12, shtdwn16) utilities have not worked either.
So it's AT with a hard-power-switch? Call me a fool but that can't be shut down unless you push it manually.

thx but,

was (fruitlessly) hoping there is a shutdown command from there, or even a janky way to not let it soft boot back up from ghosts -rb or dos debug reboot commands.

That way integration can just bag it and tag it.

I think PE via WAIK or OPK is the way to go. You can deploy a WIM file via ImageX or DISM and then shutdown via "wpeutil shutdown", this can all be scripted into startnet.cmd in a few minutes.

I stopped using Ghost long ago since it had problems with RAID, LUNs > 2TB, SATA, AHCI etc. IIRC Ghost did have a shutdown switch though.

Another solution although I wouldn't recommend it is a PDU (Power Distribution Unit) with remote power cycling.

AT power supplies cannot be turned off by software. Digerati's idea is feasible, but it'll just cut the power to the machine... so, unless someone turns it off by hand at the hard power-switch, prior to shipping, you'll be shipping your machines turned on and they'll boot the instant they're plugged into a live power outlet, which is not desirable. I see no satisfactory automated solution to your problem. If you have to stick to non-ATX power supplies, you'll have to live with having someone go the rounds turning them off by hand, after image deployment. I'm sorry!