The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

I should probably add my username and set full permissions for it.

Although I can create/delete/adde/remove files/folders without any problems...weird. Maybe it's different when done from a script...

I'll try this and report back.

thanks!

Well, it worked. I'm still gonna do some tests just to make sure...

Thanks for the tips, Explorer09!!!!!

I'm still puzzled though, because sometimes it has absolutely no problems creating or removing the temporary folders and sometimes it has...a real mystery!

This stuff is really starting to p*** me off!!!

After I ran the script succesfully for the third time, I changed the windows xp ed (pro to home) in SOURCE and ran the script again, only to get those **** "access denied" errors again!

I stopped the process, removed all temp files and folders used by HFSLIP and ran the script again and this time, no errors. WTF?

Then I changed editions again (home to pro OEM), ran the script, no problem.

This is just more than I can handle. There's absolutely NO rational explanation for this!!

This stuff is really starting to p*** me off!!!

After I ran the script succesfully for the third time, I changed the windows xp ed (pro to home) in SOURCE and ran the script again, only to get those **** "access denied" errors again!

I stopped the process, removed all temp files and folders used by HFSLIP and ran the script again and this time, no errors. WTF?

Then I changed editions again (home to pro OEM), ran the script, no problem.

This is just more than I can handle. There's absolutely NO rational explanation for this!!

Check your permissions of your HFSLIP folder right after you extract the hfslip_beta_Apr29_v10.zip. The problem should be there. Or check the permissions of your hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v10.cmd.

As far as I know, your XP editions in SOURCE don't matter.

Edited by Explorer09

November 2012 Patch Tuesday

Windows XP

2727528 | MS12-072 | Windows Shell (synceng.dll) | x86:35624 x64:35688 | doesn't replace

2761226 | MS12-075 | Kernel-mode drivers (win32k.sys) | x86:35643 x64:35616 | replaces 2731847 (MS12-055)

Malicious Software Removal Tool 4.14.6800.0

Office 2003

2687481 | MS12-076 | Excel | 35715 | replaces 2597086

2687311 | MS12-076 | Compatibility Pack (xlconv) | 35690 | replaces 2597162

2760492 | non-security | Junk Email Filter | 35691 | replaces old Junk Email Filter 2687403

Edited by Explorer09