How to translate phrase "Windows is loading files"

-=WGN=-

Hi, I'm trying to translate a phrase in the file "bootmgr.exe.mui" in dvd installation of Windows. I open this file with Notepad and translate the following sentence: "Windows is loading files" to "O Windows está carregando os arquivos" and save the file. After that I get and use UltraISO to save it and put this file in its original folder, which is inside the dvd of Windows 7, which is in E: \ boot \ en-us \ Bootmgr.exe. mui, then I saved the file in a file and burn it.

When I boot from the disk appears the same phrase "Windows is loading files".

I would like to leave this sentence in Portuguese, is there any way that works?

Thanks

Edited by -=WGN=-

Please be aware of the forum rules, specifically:

2.a Use some common sense. Do not create identical topics or make identical posts in more than one forum. Think before posting and choose the right topic for your question or answer. Do not "bump" newly created topics until at least 24 hours have passed. If a topic is been "bumped" three times without any new replies, please consider reviewing and editing your original post and adding any information which you think may help other members in answering your question(s) or concern(s). When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea by now. :-)

As far as MUI editing goes, I have not done a lot of it. But I think you have to use the same amount of characters (including spaces) as the original text. So in your case (if I am correct) the replacement string may be too long.

So in your case (if I am correct) the replacement string may be too long.

So, a longer text would cause the production out of nowhere of the pre-existing text "Windows is loading files"? :w00t::unsure:

At first sight seems to me more like a conjuring trick than a "programming error". ;)

jaclaz

Or it's loading it from somewhere else, which is always possible. I do have a question though - is this the Portuguese version that has the English text, or are we editing an English version? I apologize I've not looked at a Portuguese MUI'd ISO yet, but the post doesn't indicate either way. I'd assume it's a Portuguese install, but it left me wondering if we're trying to edit an English install, and then of course "why".

Or it's loading it from somewhere else, which is always possible. I do have a question though - is this the Portuguese version that has the English text, or are we editing an English version? I apologize I've not looked at a Portuguese MUI'd ISO yet, but the post doesn't indicate either way. I'd assume it's a Portuguese install, but it left me wondering if we're trying to edit an English install, and then of course "why".

Guy, my Windows is in Portuguese, but he came written in english "Windows is loading files" and I wanted to translate it to "O Windows está carregando os arquivos... even changing is the same thing.

Using PExplorer, this is the part that I want to translate to PT-BR:

<xsl:template match="progress-bar">

<osxml:text-mode-ui>

<body background-color="XXXX" foreground-color="RGBX">

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<p pad-left="25">Windows is loading files...</p>

<br/>

<meter name="progressbar" size="76"/>

<p pad-left="2">

<textarea name="progressinfo" width="76"/>

</p>

</body>

</osxml:text-mode-ui>

</xsl:template>

So in your case (if I am correct) the replacement string may be too long.

So, a longer text would cause the production out of nowhere of the pre-existing text "Windows is loading files"? :w00t::unsure:

At first sight seems to me more like a conjuring trick than a "programming error". ;)

True. So the explanation must lie elsewhere. My guess is: Tripredacus is right when he says the text must have the same number of characters. If it wasn't so, it'd have been translated into Portuguese by Microsoft. If they left it in English, they probably had a reson for it, and the size of the translated string might well be it. And you're right in saying it cannot cause the string to revert to English by magic. But it can cause the edited file to be recognized as damaged and make the system get a backup pristine file from elsewhere. There's nothing uncanny to it, IMHO.

BTW, yes, "O Windows está carregando os arquivos" is a correct translation into Portuguese of "Windows is loading files". Then again, "Carregando os arquivos ", with a trailing space has the same 24 characters as the string in English, and is a good enough, although not literal, translation, too, and might just work.