Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

check this out...an app called win7 theme installer

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-themes-installer-install-windows-7-vista-themes-easily

then this one:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7-folder-background-changer-released

and finally:

http://www.instantfundas.com/2009/10/windows-7-logon-screen-rotator.html

so, i was thinking of an app similar to the win7theme installer... ie a theme installer that not only installs themse and changes wallpapers, but also replaces system files with modded versions of the users choice...

but, whats diff from the win7 theme installer is that this app should provide the user a choice to choose upto 10 or 12 versions of moded system files... for eg, say i want to change wmplayer bkground so i change wmploc.dll... this app should allow me to choose upto 10 0r 12 different wmploc.dll files which i have d/l from some site and then automatically replace the current system wmploc.dll with one among the chosen 10 to 12 wmploc.dll files at some set interval, like say every logon.

OR, another way could be to automatically edit the proper resource in this file and replace the bkground with one among the 10 to 12 images choosen by the user everytime windows 7 starts up...

wmploc.dll is just an example. the app should have a similar option for almost all the system files that can be replaced to change some or other look of win7. and each option should allow users to select 1 or more(upto 10 or 12) different mods of the particular file or allow user to select 10 to 12 images which then should automatically replace the proper resource in these files...similar to the wmploc.dll example i gave abov.

the list of files that can be moded is long... often seen in transformation packs and such, though this app should only allow such changes to win 7/vista files only...

also, the app should be versatile, ie, not everyone wants to change all the system files this app supports. suppose i just want to change the bkground of the side panel in the control panel folder and nothing else, then the app must allow me to choose only the relevant file option and image size.

each such system file that can be changed must allow the user to choose upto 10 to 12 different versions of the particular file OR 10 to 12 images so that every time windows logon/boot up happens, your win7 looks different... ofcourse, this means the ability to run every logon must be present...

also, the ability to apply theme, similar to the win7 theme installer;

ability to change desktop wallpaper at set interval but with more flexibility than what win7 provides, ie ability to choose all images from a folder, or specific images from a folder, or even images across multiple folders;

ability to rotate logon background, similar to the win 7 logon rotator;

ability to change start button to a random one among the 10 to 12 user choosen types every time win 7 starts;

ability to do explorer background to multiple folders and option to do the same for their subfolders and change the background to one among the 10 or 12 images choosen by the user for every folder he/she customizes, every time win 7 starts up....

ability to change start menu bkground;

and so on

sort of, THE ULTIMATE WINDOWS 7 THEME MANAGER/APPLIER.........almost like a transformation pack...

havent found anything that comes close. windows blinds does... but it doesnt change wmplayer bkground and so on... no need for flashy effects and things...

Can anyone here do this??? other ideas and additions would be welcome...

sorry to say i'm not a programer but i can atleast imagine, rite? :)

replies plz, guyz, what do u think??? is such an app possible? if yes, it would be grt to put such an app into ur win7 dvd and get the ability to customize things with few clicks, and then enjoy a diff win7 look everytime the system boots/restarts, possible right after win7 install without having to go thru the hassles of downloading/installing multiple theme managers or skinning apps....One app to do it all.....

Why don't you try making some autoit scripts to use these program rather than asking if these things can be incorporated into Se7en_UA this is not the sole purpose of the program also there is whole section on Customizing Windows

Princektd, do u mean an automated patched resources file like restorator or 7tsp??? It's a good idea anyway, I usually replace the *.dll file manually, I dont know if some batch command will replace it automatically cuz there will be some permission setting we had to change (aka take ownership). Anyway, max, where I can find the registry tweaks file if I use Se7en_UA n the target OS r Windows 7? Before this I can find in OEM folder but I guess the DISM apply the registry tweak into *.hiv file at the process mounting image but not at the firstlog.cmd, right? (it's my opinion, please correct me if I'm wrong)

something similar but not exacr. have u changed win7 logon bkground? u select an image, rename it to background.bmp and copy it into the proper place in windows/system32/...

now, say u get tired of this logon bkground. so u repeat the abov process and choose another image...

but use win7 logon changer and things r much easier. u just select 10 images from the logon changer's interfce. then each time u restart, this app does the job of changing the logon bkground automatically, without needing user input...

now lets say, u use wm player more often and u r bored of the default black bkground. so u open up wmploc.dll and edit the proper resource. or else, download a modded wmploc.dll and copy it to win/sys32 and replace... after a few days, u feel like changing the bkground again. so u d\l another modded wmploc.dll and again replace the file in sys32...

instead of having to copy and replace wmploc.dll yourself each time u want a new look, u d\l 5 to 10 different mods of wmploc.dll by searching for windows media player theme or something. now if there is an app that automates just the process of copying and replacing the wmploc.dll in sys32 with one of the versions that u have downloaded (similar to the function of win7 logon changer)??? all u would do is start the app, select 10 or less different versions of wmploc.dll and close the app. now each time u restart/login, the app runs in the bkground, copying and replacing the wmploc.dll in sys32 with one of the 10 versions u choose from the apps interface. only, this time, there needs to be no user input. the app automates the copy/paste task.....

i hope u got the idea.. :)

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.4.2: October 04, 2010, 8:35:33 AM
' Went back to creating a $OEM$\$1\Install\Se7en_UATweaks.reg file and apply at Firstlogoncommands
' Applying to Default User means all users get these settings and is not desirable
' Added POWERCFG settings to Firstlog.cmd
' Corrected the Favorites to default user to get all sub folders
' Fix Update APPS Only after ISO is done

Just finished VM after yesterday a real install and I like :thumbup power settings are applied , tweaks are right and I added a few.

Hope everyone understands what I'm saying about using a tweak file. You can modify and add what you want.

I don't want other users added to have same settings like what happens when you mod the wim default user. Just create a reg file for them and add what you wish.

any request tweaks to be added let me know

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.4.2: October 04, 2010, 8:35:33 AM
' Went back to creating a $OEM$\$1\Install\Se7en_UATweaks.reg file and apply at Firstlogoncommands
' Applying to Default User means all users get these settings and is not desirable
' Added POWERCFG settings to Firstlog.cmd
' Corrected the Favorites to default user to get all sub folders
' Fix Update APPS Only after ISO is done

Just finished VM after yesterday a real install and I like :thumbup power settings are applied , tweaks are right and I added a few.

Hope everyone understands what I'm saying about using a tweak file. You can modify and add what you want.

I don't want other users added to have same settings like what happens when you mod the wim default user. Just create a reg file for them and add what you wish.

any request tweaks to be added let me know

When I right click a .wim file I don't see an entry to mount boot.wim index 2

myselfidem got the new French translated and many thanks to him for that

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.4.3: October 06, 2010, 7:49:47 AM
' Added tweaks for IE9 and Recycle Bin
' Fixed right click Boot.wim 2 Mount R/W found by jbm

These are the nice tweaks for IE9 makes it much better

Edited by maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft, I have used your 7Background batch files and image files successfully. During booting and running, all is well, but during install I still have the old blue/dove screen when "Completing Installation". Can you please tell me what file needs to be changed? After running your two batch files, I did a search for .bmp files and found none of the old blue/dove images. Perhaps it is in a .dll. Thanks for your help and enjoy, John.

maxXPsoft, I have used your 7Background batch files and image files successfully. During booting and running, all is well, but during install I still have the old blue/dove screen when "Completing Installation". Can you please tell me what file needs to be changed? After running your two batch files, I did a search for .bmp files and found none of the old blue/dove images. Perhaps it is in a .dll. Thanks for your help and enjoy, John.

check out this link:

especially look at the images given somewhere down the page. each image has the name of the file and resource number. also google for 'list of files that can be modified in windows 7' or something similar... and add keywords like resource hacker or restorator or similar app names. that will give u sites which show a list of files that can be modded.

Hello!

You can also find help here:

Cheers

princektd and myselfidem, thanks for your replies. With them (mainly Modify Windows 7 Setup Imagery.7z) and by searching my mounted image, I discovered that spwizimg.dll was not replaced by the modified one. The version of maxXPsoft's batch file I DLed did not do these copies. I have added them and no longer have the blue/dove screen of old. Thanks much and enjoy, John.

Agent Ransack - Free File Search X86 or 64 bits

This thing is fast and sweet. Found more than my previous pdfind

[AgentRansack_x64]
REM http://www.mythicsoft.com/page.aspx?type=agentransack&page=home
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Agent Ransack - Free File Search" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\AgentRansack_x64\agentran_64.exe /SP- /SILENT" /f

And a good free file edit program

[Notepad++]
REM http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Notepad + +" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\Notepad++\npp.5.8.1.Installer.exe /S" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Notepad++.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Notepad++.lnk\"" /f
FLAG3=%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Notepad++.lnk\"" /f

Edited by maxXPsoft

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.4.4: October 18, 2010, 7:55:08 AM
' Added Modified themeui.dll, uxtheme.dll, themeservice.dll at Modded Files
' Added processing of .exe from REGadd folder. .exe must be silent type like autoit
' Added more tweaks and fix some that were wrong.

Includes the elusive tweak 'Disable Windows Startup sound' I found sucess doing this at Firstlogoncommands on my 64 bit.