Little bug (XPize 5R6)?

Don Diego

Hi,

After installation of XPize 5R6 I noticed the following:

Every time I boot, for a split second the new bliss wallpaper appears between the boot screen and the logon screen.

Is this normal behaviour or a minor bug???

Kind regards,

Piet

This is normal behavior. There are no negative effects to this (other than you not liking it).

I dunno the specifics of it (you'll have to ask W3bbo about that), but IIRC, before xpize, it would just be a pure, plain blue wallpaper (I think it was standard).

(I know you can get a similar effect -- having a changed wallpaper before the welcome screen appears -- by integrating a customized theme with a wallpaper in nLite. That wallpaper of the theme would be the wall that appears.)

Edited by Happy-Dude

Hi,

Every time I boot, for a split second the new bliss wallpaper appears between the boot screen and the logon screen.

Kind regards,

Piet

It's not a bug, it's how Windows works.

The Welcome Screen is just a window displayed on top of an ordinarily black desktop. You can see this black desktop if you have a multi-monitor set-up. Microsoft chose black because then you can't tell when the system finishes booting and when the welcome screen has started.

If you disable the Welcome Screen and use GINA instead you'll see the wallpaper behind the logon screen.

Thank you very much for Xpize 5R6 ! :thumbup

No bugs at all, but is there a way to go back to the setting box that appeared during the installation of XPize ?

I still can configure Xpize using Xp's display properties, but options are reduced to a minimum in comparaison with XPize settings during the installation process ? :blushing:

I can't either find a Xpize group in the Start Menu as mentionned in one of the strings of the translation file ? :blushing:

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for asking if you already ( :angry:) answered to these questions ... :}

NB : Have a good resting time ! :P

No bugs at all, but is there a way to go back to the setting box that appeared during the installation of XPize ?

I still can configure Xpize using Xp's display properties, but options are reduced to a minimum in comparaison with XPize settings during the installation process ? :blushing:

I can't either find a Xpize group in the Start Menu as mentionned in one of the strings of the translation file ? :blushing:

xpize does not have an entry in the start menu (though it has an uninstaller in the *Add and Remove Programs* menu). There really is nothing more to xpize (like *using the program*) other than for it to patch the files/ allow users to download customization tools and make their own packages.

If you need to tweak some xpize settings again, you'll have to use the R6 installer (if you deleted it, you'll need to download it again). However, if you use xpize multiple times, you'll see two (or more) uninstaller entries in the Add and Remove Programs. W3bbo is aware of the issue and has it noted; he will see what he can do when he returns from his long break).

Edited by Happy-Dude

Hi,

Kind regards,

Piet

It's not a bug, it's how Windows works.

The Welcome Screen is just a window displayed on top of an ordinarily black desktop. You can see this black desktop if you have a multi-monitor set-up. Microsoft chose black because then you can't tell when the system finishes booting and when the welcome screen has started.

If you disable the Welcome Screen and use GINA instead you'll see the wallpaper behind the logon screen.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have disabled the Welcome Screen.

But, can you tell me how to replace the new bliss wallpaper by the one I use on my desktop as background?

So that I have one wallpaper all the way?

Kind regards,

Piet

But, can you tell me how to replace the new bliss wallpaper by the one I use on my desktop as background?

So that I have one wallpaper all the way?

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Deskto\Wallpaper

Edited by W3bbo

xpize does not have an entry in the start menu (though it has an uninstaller in the *Add and Remove Programs* menu). There really is nothing more to xpize (like *using the program*) other than for it to patch the files/ allow users to download customization tools and make their own packages.

If you need to tweak some xpize settings again, you'll have to use the R6 installer (if you deleted it, you'll need to download it again). However, if you use xpize multiple times, you'll see two (or more) uninstaller entries in the Add and Remove Programs. W3bbo is aware of the issue and has it noted; he will see what he can do when he returns from his long break).

Thank you for your reply, Happy Dude. :-)