Cannot make USB stick boot

I used Bootable USB Drive Utility v1.7 as pointed to me as aw ty tom peroperl format my 8 GB usb key. format went ok and freedos also installed in it.

the partiton was formatted as ntfs but when i try to boot with it i get a screen saying GRLDR and nothign else, keeps stucking there.

what is wrong? what i need to do?

Should i try format the disk at fat32? because automatically the program gone for ntfs?

GRLTR is grub's linux loader and when i install unix thsi can boot, maybe its becaus eth stick was formatted as ntfa and mobo couldn't support it.

Cant his be possible?

ill try it

buit please suggect me a specific other tool to use.

buit please suggect me a specific other tool to use.

What the heck? :w00t:

I did suggest you TWO utilities, then a post where the same TWO+another TWO=FOUR are suggested.

WHEN you will have tried ALL FOUR of them, without success, do what ALREADY posted:

IF nothing of the above works:

Choose one, and only one of your sticks.

Get Hdhacker and save the MBR (first sector of PhysicalDrive) and bootsector (first 16 sectors of Logicaldrive if NTFS, just one if FAT16 or FAT32):

Compress the two files together and attach the archive.

If needed, specific instructions:

TRY, one at the time, the apps listed in this post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...87993&st=17

in the same order they were given AND keeping in mind the "general advice" given in FAQ #10:

http://home.graffiti.net/jaclaz:graffiti.n...SB/USBfaqs.html

STOP the first time one of them works.

TRY variations using the SAME app that worked.

jaclaz

1 hours now iam trying the 2nd app RMPREPUSB but iam getting error.

Can you please guide me as to what options/ticks i have to choose to make a windows7 bootable usb stick out of win7.iso?

Thank you.

I wish to try RMPREPUSB to see if iam doign sowmthign wrong.

can you tell me the steps for that? i want to be able to installl vista with it via my usb key.

is also there a way to identify whats types of filesystems my mobo supports for usb key loading?

yes but please suggest me a way to format as fat or try to use RMPREPUSB

what iagave to do to make a win7 bootable usb stick witht he help of thsi app?

Jaclaz has assisted you already, you fail to follow his guidance plus you seem to ignore what you have been told to do, several times.

I doubt I'd have greater success. You better read his replies to you in full, perform ALL steps, then if still no luck provide the files mentioned in his posts.

All this should be done in a new topic, as it goes way beyond what this topic is about.