vista service pack 2

MillenX

@Millen, yes this is the RTM! If MSFT now finds bugs, you'll get them later as Hotfixes/Updates.

Hmm. I see the point of releasing it to manufacturers (RTM) before releasing to public (GA).

Since the RTM is the final, that RTM and GA (General Availability) are the same, I will get it now, coz i cant wait any longer!

Sp2 and integrated sp2 isos just showed up on the MS volume license site.

Nothing on Technet yet (integrated ISOs).... here's hoping e get more than just the installers.

Supposedly within 2 weeks they'll appear on Technet and MSDN. Not confirmed, but from a reliable source so it's almost as good as confirmation directly ;).

Sp2 and integrated sp2 isos just showed up on the MS volume license site.

Nothing on Technet yet (integrated ISOs).... here's hoping e get more than just the installers.

Supposedly within 2 weeks they'll appear on Technet and MSDN. Not confirmed, but from a reliable source so it's almost as good as confirmation directly ;).

On Technet now, I'm 75% downloaded as I type

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it's public and on Windows update it's downloading 567,3 MB :huh: Shouldn't it be smaller on Windows Update. My system was fully updated before SP2.

Cheers ;)

Yeah, but since SP2 also contains all previous updates, on Windows Update it should install only what I'm missing. And, btw I'm using x64 system so it's 567 MB for me.

Cheers ;)

Next, waiting for "howto integrate/slipstream"?

From Microsoft TechCenter: "Also, you cannot install or uninstall Service Pack 2 from an offline image of Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. For example, there is no comparable support for the /integrate option from previous versions of Windows."

Next, waiting for "howto integrate/slipstream"?

From Microsoft TechCenter: "Also, you cannot install or uninstall Service Pack 2 from an offline image of Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. For example, there is no comparable support for the /integrate option from previous versions of Windows."

If you don't have access to premade media, the easiest way is to install Vista SP1, boot into audit mode, install SP2 over it, run compcln to get rid of the SP1 files, and then sysprep and capture the install (I think this is known as the reverse-integration method). Or, you'll find that SP2 integrated media is available from MSDN or Technet or your Microsoft Licensing subscription.

I just successfully installed SP2. Everything went great, after download from WU it installed under 10 minutes. I guess it was this fast because I had my Vista fully updated before SP2.

Cheers ;)

they will be on Technet around 19th May.

The integrated/slipstreamed SP2 downloads were made available on MSDN/Technet late May 11th as I've checked the MSDN & Technet Subscription downloads pages myself.

Quick DetailsFile Name:		  Windows6.0-KB948465-X86.exe
Version: 948465
Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: KB948465
Date Published: 5/25/2009
Language: English
Download Size: 348.3 MB

That's the file from Microsoft Downloads...

EDIT: I forgot to place the 64bit link:

32bit SP2 Windows Vista

64bit SP2 Windows Vista

These are only the "five language" standalone editions of the SP2 downloads. Those using Vista in other languages will have to wait for the "all language" standalone SP2 downloads to be publicly available next month. However, the All Language edition of Vista SP2 has been made available to MSDN/Technet subscribers on May 22 as I've checked the MSDN & Technet Subscription downloads pages myself recently.

Edit: Look closely on those Vista SP2 downloads pages, puntoMX. They both make references to the "all language" standalone SP2 downloads but so far, those all language SP2 download links do not work.

Edited by erpdude8

Edit: Look closely on those Vista SP2 downloads pages, puntoMX. They both make references to the "all language" standalone SP2 downloads but so far, those all language SP2 download links do not work.
No need to look closer, it's know that these are the multi-5 language packs, most people will have the English Vista any way, and together with the Spanish language you cover the biggest part of the world.

I never said that those are the ones for all languages ;).

Zetto, you beat me to it, next time I will do my work faster ;).

Woohoo, I beat a supermod :D

I was delaying a fresh vista reinstall waiting for SP2, but now it turns out it does not have a integrate option :(

Edited by zetto