Working with multiple computers???.

BradBo

Hi,

Here is my setup.

I have 3 computer at home.

My main system is a new ,fast computer running XP. My other 2 are good machines running W98.

I have them all connected through a Linksys router.This system works great on the internet and for file sharing.

What I want to do is at any terminal be able to get another machines desktop to come up on the machine I'm at and basically use a remote machine from the system I'm sitting at.Using only the applications from the remote machine.

Is there any way to do this.

Thanks, Brad

sorry if i miss under stood your question, but you can install remote desktop on the windows 98 machines from your windowsXP cd, On the computer running Windows 95/98, put the windows XP disc in your drive, When the Welcome page appears, click Perform additional tasks, and then click Set up Remote Desktop Connection.

Follow the prompts.

I cant remember but I think W98 has netmeeting on it. If not just install netmeeting on your machines, set it so that they will accept a call from the other machines, and control their desktop that way. I do this on my machine running XP to my laptop top that is :wail: Windows ME :wail: That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, or just get Devil's Own :)

VNC was pure crap! I couldn't make head or tails of how to use it on the XP machines on the LAN. The documentation was poor, it said that an icon would appear in the system tray when the WinVNC service is installed, but no icon appeared! And the gay thing about VNC is that it removes the wallpaper of the remote machine when I connect to it, and my mates on the LAN don't like that! Couldn't find an option to disable 'wallpaper removing' either, even though it was mentioned in the documentation. Windows sizing was also an annoyance. Back to PCAnywhere 10.5 for me (slow for remote control, but everything works as I like it)