SP3 don't accept any CD-KEY

milcom

Hi,

i must upgrade to SP3 from SP2 several CD installations in different languages like Italian and Spanish. The problem I get is once I integrate the SP3 (and nothing more just burn to ISO), when installing and ask for the CD-KEY don't accept the key that with SP2 does. This happens with both spanish and italian versions.

I'm using Vista for do it, it can't be the problem? Thanks!

milcom, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

This is most commonly caused by the fact that the key has been blacklisted or you are trying to use the wrong type of key with the wrong media.

See in every service pack they blacklist keys that have been found on the net or used way too much, so by now over a thousand (maybe several thousand) keys will not work anymore....

Also are you sure you have the right key for the right disk. There are differences between XP home, pro and mce.

Plus on top of that there is a difference between OEM, Corp (VLK) and retail. So you are looking at several different versions of XP.

I solved the problem doing the hall proces in WinXP. For some reason in VISTA it's not wotking well, maybe for the same reason that in XP vLite don't work well.

Thanks gays for your help.

I'm using Vista for do it, it can't be the problem?

This is a known issue - wondering nobody here told you? :unsure:

Reason isn`t clear yet, but it happens even with nLite and

classic integration of SP3 with Vista as Host-OS.

You found the solution by yourself - use XP as host.

milcom, some report success under Vista. We never have seen your Last Session (as was requested), so we could not see the particulars. It may be possible to run under Vista using SP2 XP Compatibility Mode, also. Enjoy, John.

Hi,

i must upgrade to SP3 from SP2 several CD installations in different languages like Italian and Spanish. The problem I get is once I integrate the SP3 (and nothing more just burn to ISO), when installing and ask for the CD-KEY don't accept the key that with SP2 does. This happens with both spanish and italian versions.

I'm using Vista for do it, it can't be the problem? Thanks!

I'm sure I mentioned this somewhere else but I find that if you back up PIDGEN.DLL and then integrate SP3 and once completed replace PIDGEN.DLL with the backed up one. SP3 seems to corrupt the PIDGEN.DLL.

Works for me! and your old cd key you used before should be accepted.

You guys are dancing around the edge of how to subvert or bypass windows licensing and activation......

First Clue: If you need to manipulate pidgen.dll, you're probably not legal.

Edited by newsposter

You guys are dancing around the edge of how to subvert or bypass windows licensing and activation......

First Clue: If you need to manipulate pidgen.dll, you're probably not legal.

You get a clue as not every one is a criminal and as it happens this error occurs when using an original

XPPro sp2 CD and its the original pidgen.dll copied from the original cd so how can that be illegal.

Several People on this forum have had the same problem with the cd key not being accepted after SP3 slipstream so I hope I have helped and maybe you've been watching too many detective movies!

I had a problem with pidgen when SP2 came up, and later when SP3 came up. Offcourse I later realized I was trying to use a key that was not intended for VLK source and vice versa.

After that I always took care of proper key placement for proper source, and never had problems again.

And that is the point if pidgen; it looks at license keys and compares them to the actual version of XP that is being run/installed. It generally keeps people from using corporate/vlk keys on home/personal installations. More functionality and more checks were added in sp3 so yes, you can try to blame sp3 for breaking things but it only breaks things for people who mix their keys up (or have other problems with licensing).

Just to be clear,

I was no angry or negative with my answers, don't wanna think that. I usually don't care of the Last Session.ini so I didn't know which one was the problematic one (I was doing a lot of proves and had a lot of .inis running here).

I can't waiste time to fix vista problems, so I'll use XP and forget about invalid KEYS and maybe other problems.

I am running a IT department and working with a lot of different XP versiones all of them 100% llegal. I'm just searching the way to improve my job and thanks to all of you I did it, and every day more. Now I will try the WPI!

Thanks again.

FYI... even on the MS site, it has been reported both the solution of Slip on XP (perhaps in a VM) and not Vista directly (something about the API's being used) and the solution of Slip on Vista then overlay the PIDGEN with the SP2 one. Somehow Vista horks up the "what I am slipstreaming" detection. Even regardless of using nLite...

Do a search on the MS website and you'll see. Smart solution seems to just do it on an XP machine.

HTH