Need a New Graphics Card

computerwizkid

I doubt it.

Remember you have to get a "Slim" graphics card to have it fit in there.

Do you have a link to the one you are looking at?

Maybe it just might work = http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....e=Low%20Profile Here is a bunch of low profile cards for you to look at.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

or perhaps an ATI Radeon 4670, thats can be a small card (though the MSI and Palit ones take 2 slots i think) which doesnt require extra power from the psu, also it is a better card then the Geforce 9500

@ awergh - That card does not come in a "slim" model. We are talking about cards that are half the normal height not width. (or the other way around, whichever way you look at it.)

He needs a slim profile card because he has a small tower.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

This is better suggestion.

Except it has to physically fit in there. Kelsenellenelvian already linked to a bunch of suitable cards. There's very few high-height/low-profile cards with high performance. Then again, cooling might become an issue in a tiny case.

It doesn't seem like they come with a very beefy PSU either (as in probably not enough to power a fancy card), and it doesn't seem to use standard ATX PSUs either (TFX rather -- slim case, yet again). Good luck finding one, even newegg only carries one model, and it's a 300W unit too. You just might be better off getting a standard ATX case, along with a standard ATX PSU, and whatever video card you wish.

I wouldn't get a geforce 9500 either, not a gaming card at all.

You just might be better off getting a standard ATX case, along with a standard ATX PSU, and whatever video card you wish.
For sure, and don't forget the airflow that is needed to cool a video card. Low profile cards are more expensive and are mostly low budged, even in the professional line 64bit memory bus video cards (nVidia Quadro/ ATI GL) which are not good at all for gaming.

The other problem you should consider is the PSU, as it is *drastically* underpowered for anything "high-end" at 250W with the 3450 Radeon config. You won't be able to get anything "good" for gaming unless you can also replace the PSU with at least something at 350W or higher (and as others have mentioned, you also have to consider that you need a half-height card to put in there, or it won't fit - I also note that the hard drive bay is fairly close to the end of the PCI slot, so a full length card is likely not to fit either).

Honestly, if you are not married to the Dell for the size, simply removing it from it's current housing and putting it into a standard ATX case will allow you to upgrade the PSU easily and put whatever card you want in there without the size constraints.

No you are not, but the PC you bought is for basic stuff like Office applications and the Internet.

You bought a small family car and now you want to throw in a turbocharged intercooled 6-cyl. 166kW diesel, that's just no go. I would sell it as it is and build a new one, yes build as you will find nothing good for a nice price that can pull computer games, but those are just my 0.02.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't sell it.It's my parents computer.I'm only 12 and 13 next month.By then I'll have a 360(for bday).And then i wont need a gpu.But then again,my parents are big procrastinators.And if you're wondering why I dont post alot its because of school.But in 2 weeks it'll be spring break.1 WEEK OFF!!!!!

• 1 month later...

No. That card won't physically fit. And first, you'd still need a new power supply (which again, you just might have to get a new case for).

So, your shopping list:

-new case so the card and PSU fit inside, like say, an Antec 300 (cheap and good), $55 or so

-new decent power supply, to handle the demand, starting around $50

-new video card, to play new games at decent settings, perhaps a Radeon 4770 or 4830 at ~$100

Most of which you won't find at Dell's site.

Or you can try to get a TFX PSU (good luck) that doesn't suck, and a half-height card that's good for gaming (ditto), for basically just as much (not that Dell will sell you either).

You might as well buy yourself a 360, as it'll likely be cheaper (Dell also sells that).