flash player 9 security update

blackwire

since today (1.1.2009) the Youtube requested from me newest flash player althought i have one installed already. Version 10 is no longer supported for win98/ME systems, so i downloaded the one from this page. this version worked for me. now it is only question of time when version 10 will be requested. For this reason i shall try analyze version 10 with dependency walker. if it comply with KEX 0.3.6 it will be possible to install it manually using regsrvr32.exe.

So far I haven't had significant problems accessing YouTube with Flash 7 (although since some of the more recent upgrades to the site, embedded videos no longer work). I'm not sure why the site would be prompting for an upgrade yet, unless it's just a fluke...

• 1 month later...
since today (1.1.2009) the Youtube requested from me newest flash player althought i have one installed already. Version 10 is no longer supported for win98/ME systems, so i downloaded the one from this page. this version worked for me. now it is only question of time when version 10 will be requested. For this reason i shall try analyze version 10 with dependency walker. if it comply with KEX 0.3.6 it will be possible to install it manually using regsrvr32.exe.

hmm, that's strange. what web browser were you using when Youtube asked you to obtain the new flash player, Offler? also, check if you have a "flash blocker" installed and enabled. if the flash blocker is on, turn it off and reload the Youtube site.

YouTube should still work with at least Flash Player 7 as noted here.

Edited by erpdude8