nLite GRRRRRRRR! could there be an easier way to put programs in n

debray6379

should there be an easy option to put programs in nLite????  

17 members have voted

1. 1. add an option for novice users to just click an install file and have it added to nLite

• yes
    • no
    • I like nLite the way it is but an option to just click an installer for a program would be easier
    • I think novices should not bother to use nLite

Hi all well I have just started to use nLite and wow!!!

I think this is one of those apps everyone should use [top marks to the nLite team!!!!]

but the only thing I cannot do easily as a novice user is add programs in when using nLite

I have seen ways of doing it but I'm not that good!!

would it or is it possible to just have a way of clicking on a programs installer and have it automatically add in with nLite??

I do not wish to upset anyone by my comments like I said I am very very impressed by nLite!!!!

but a way to easily add any program I want and have it installed I think would be great.

thanks for your time, please take the time to vote and leave a comment

Debray6379. :)

i chose the last one :) nlite is very user friendly imo

novices shouldn't use it, unless your somewhat experienced & just calling yourself that to be coy

anyways

Johndoe74 has made the adding of software a very easy experience for a "new" user

see here http://www.msfn.org/board/List-johndoe74-s...ns-t121664.html download the cab file, use nlite to select it & thats basically it , how much easier could it get :P

Edited by MCT

Yes, as many problems as I am having with a few choice programs it would be great to have them automatically added for installation. But there are too many variables for this to be a reality. I just don't see it happening. It really is easy to use auto-it to script a simple installer package. Plus you can always just ask and most of the time installers are created pretty easily through members on this forum.

Fred

My opinion is that Nlite is easy to use,but the interaction of Windows with the hardware can give a lot of

failures because drivers & OS parts are deleted after slimming down.

I always make images , so afterwards it only takes a few minutes to start over or to install a fresh copy.

i never integrate drivers or software, it is much easier this way.integrating those is not worth it,to much

problems and work to integrate

The iso of my last Nlited XP takes 155.385 MB and works like a charm.

icy

:( well judging the results so far I'll be deleting nlite and forgetting the whole thing..... maybe nLite should restrict who can download it??

@MCT thankyou for the great link it really helped me alot :thumbup & I am new to nLite I wasn't being coy, again thanks!!!!

@anonymous_user I will.... and I would learn but when some of us work 60+ hours a week it don't leave much time :(

@fbnewtz thanks for the post I understand a bit more now and I bet you are right!! maybe one day I'll return and ask around thanks for the advice :yes:

@icy maybe I'll give your way a go before I delete everything and go back to a standard install....

@TranceEnergy try dominos.com.au lol! thanks for the vote and your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what opinion the creator of nLite would have on this topic?????????????

again thankyou everyone for your vote and posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup

Edited by debray6379