Known Bugs/Issues

There are a few known problems with this release that I didn't have time to fix before my vacation to Jamaica:

• The Check For Update works fine for most people, but some of my beta testers reported failures. It seems to work fine for people in USA, but not Europe. It could it be related to latency times, or Imay have tweaked something I shouldn't have.
  • The new grids in the Information window (Alt+G) are not showing colors correctly. I have sent bug reports to the authors, just have not gotten a working copy back yet. The grid works fine otherwise.
  • The 64bit installer code has been tested thoroughly, but still in it's infancy. It's seems to be working fine, but, just making mention of it. It does only pertain to scripts and batch files with extensions of .cmd and .bat. Also for RegEdit tweaks.
  • The css colors in all the themes has been changed from default text color of white to black. All the themes on th site have been updated, either download a new copy or change it yourself. Right at the top, the first color: reference, change from #000000 to #fffff.
  • Two people have reported an JavaScript error at startup, Identifier expected. I tried WPI on 5 different computers, works fine for me. Kels has no problem. Just making mention of it.

That's it. Report anything else in the bug tracker.

The JavaScript error on startup has gone for me with final WPI 7.1.0.

About the internet check & update problem:

I changed line 56 in network.js to

XMLreq.open("GET","http://www.wpiw.net",false);

And this works well for me. Perhaps google.com does not work here, because it directly redirects me to google.de?

I don't know why only that drop-down box would cause an error. THey are all the same. I do have some some new code coming soon so that may fix your problem. Or it could be your language. Try it with English just as a test. Post results here.

Regarding Stalingrad problem. I see from the picture that WPI Russian lang file is not translated to the and. It translation finishes at about version 6.5. I have full translated one. Even in this case of total translation there was no problems as for pop-up windows, nor configuring, nor changing option, nor resulution, nor system language (I have not Rumanian or German but it would be the same effect).

"Hanging" may be because of large number of entries (say 100) I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Francesco,

What do you have set for the Main Window resolution? If you have a size chosen, it will not maximize, it will be that size. If you use By System Default, then things should be "normal".

Francesco,

What do you have set for the Main Window resolution? If you have a size chosen, it will not maximize, it will be that size. If you use By System Default, then things should be "normal".

I fixed this by making a new options file and setting everything like it was on the old one. The window size was not set so I don't have a clue about what could have been the cause, I think it could have been some setting saved by an older WPI version that was incompatible with the newest.

The only issue I have now is that when it starts maximized there's a 2-3pixels thin border on the left side of the window but I can live with it.

I think that the window size should be allowed to be set even when the window is flagged as maximized so that when you "de-maximize" the window it goes back to the right size you want (instead of a default one) and that the window state should be set after the window appears unless it's minimized. That's the behavior most applications have when saving/restoring window size.

Edited by Francesco